HS110 smartplugs unreachable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-15 15:13:53
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

Hi,

I purchased 2 x HS110 smrt plugs version 2.1 in Jan this year, all been working fine untill last week when suddenly they showed unreachable in the app.  I tried logging out the app, back, tried from other devices, no joy.  These are both in same physical location.

Now, i know WIFI/internet was up as I have a webcam by a different make and can access that and could see the smartplug from the camera and it had no flashing lights etc, just looked normal.

I have another HS100 v2.1 firmware 1.5.10 at a different physical location and that one has remained working through out and was purchased n March this year.  Could it simply be that the other 2 need to be updated to the new firmware? It's very odd I have to say.  As i'm not at the location of the 2 HS110's due to lockdown, i havn't been able to go and physically look.

They have been down for appro a week and just yesterday they have suddenly showing up again in the app and work so i'm rather puzzled as i know no one has done anything.  Now lockdown has eased, i'm wondering if its worth a visit to update the firmware to avoid it happening again?  I also recently got a app update on my phone/tablet so i'm wondering if that has caused a issue and potentially has updated the firmware on one device to the newer version?

Thanks

Kev

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS110 smartplugs unreachable
2020-05-20 10:58:21

@kev2020 

Yes, we always suggest you keep both the device firmware and the Kasa app up-to-date in case there is an unknown issue caused by the firmware or app update.

Options
Re:HS110 smartplugs unreachable
2020-05-20 18:09:54

@Solla-topee Thanks, I'll do this and see if it remains ok.  So far its been ok, just weird strane hwoit went offline effectively for a few days.

Thanks

Kev

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 790

Replies: 2

Related Articles