Configuration changes to W9980 router not being saved

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-18 19:36:13 - last edited 2019-04-19 02:10:14

I’m trying to set up my old TD W9980 router  as a WAP linked to my new Fritz! Box router. Having changed the default gateway ip  on the TD W9980 router to one that the new router can see,  I click Save and a little circle keeps whizzing round for ages and the change does not take effect.  Any ideas anyone please? Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Configuration changes to W9980 router not being saved
2019-04-19 02:07:58 - last edited 2019-04-19 02:10:14

Hi,

Do you want to connect 9980 to the Fritz router by wired cable or wireless? 

If it is connected by wired cable, you can read the guidance below:

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/download/td-w9980/#video

If you want to connect it to the router by wifi, please refer to the below instruction:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/447/ 

Besides, connect your pc/phone to the 9980 only to change the IP address to the same subnet as the main router, and click save; if it still does not take effect, please hard reset it and do that one more time.

May it work, good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Configuration changes to W9980 router not being saved
2019-04-19 08:05:26

Thanks.

I want to connect by Ethernet cable and tried the changes set out in the video, which is what I was doing anyway. The problem is that the router doesn’t save the change in its IP address after clicking on the Save button.  Have factory reset several times with the same result.  Somewhat frustrating!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Configuration changes to W9980 router not being saved
2019-04-19 08:25:18

Have just worked out that it helps to connect the old router to the pc via the WLAN port to effect the ip setting changes! They were saved immediately. Not made 100% clear in the video and other instructions so hopefully this will be of help to others. Cheers DSP

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Configuration changes to W9980 router not being saved
2019-04-22 12:25:43

DSP wrote

Have just worked out that it helps to connect the old router to the pc via the WLAN port to effect the ip setting changes! They were saved immediately. Not made 100% clear in the video and other instructions so hopefully this will be of help to others. Cheers DSP

So I can say that everything is working fine now, right? The IP address has been changed successfully.

If need any further help, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 4