TP-Link AV2000 Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link AV2000 Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-Link AV2000 Powerline
TP-Link AV2000 Powerline
2019-04-20 16:28:10 - last edited 2019-04-20 16:30:14
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello! I have just bought a TP-Link AV2000 Powerline and everything is doing great and im satisfied with the product, however i do have a question both the 2 devices that came in the box have 2 ethernet ports and i was wondering since i have 2 computers connected to the power line in my room does it mean i have to connect the 2 slots on the router one aswell?

I am confused because i have seen other power lines and usually one of them only has 1 ethernet port to connect to the router and then the other one has 2 or 3 ports for multiple devices.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AV2000 Powerline
2019-04-22 09:43:44

Hi,

The powerline adapter need connect to the main router with ONE port only. The extra port can be connected with your computer or some wired devices. 

May it help, good day. 

Aibisi wrote

Hello! I have just bought a TP-Link AV2000 Powerline and everything is doing great and im satisfied with the product, however i do have a question both the 2 devices that came in the box have 2 ethernet ports and i was wondering since i have 2 computers connected to the power line in my room does it mean i have to connect the 2 slots on the router one aswell?

I am confused because i have seen other power lines and usually one of them only has 1 ethernet port to connect to the router and then the other one has 2 or 3 ports for multiple devices.

Options