Archer VR400 nd NowBroadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-22 23:26:59 - last edited 2019-04-23 02:30:12

I have recently switched to NowBroadband as a provider.  The router that they provide is very poor and has a very limited range.  I have been unable to find a way to use my TP-Link Archer VR 400 router as an alternative.

Is there any one who can offer some advice or point me in the right direction for information on how to achieve this.

Many thanks.

David

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer VR400 nd NowBroadband
2019-04-23 02:30:03 - last edited 2019-04-23 02:30:12

Hi,

How to get internet with the ISP router? With telephone line or ethernet cable? 

If it is the phone line, you can connect it to the DSL port of VR400 and configure it as regular DSL modem router. 

While if it is the ethernet cable, please connect it to the LAN4/WAN port and change the operation mode to wireless router mode. Then try to configure it as the wifi router with configuration parameters given by ISP. 

Below is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1731/ 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Archer VR400 nd NowBroadband
2019-04-24 13:51:27

Hello Kevin_Z

Thank you for your reply.  I'm not sure that I fully understand, I'm not very tech savvy with these matters.  Do you mean that I will be using my TP Link router in conjunction with the router supplied by my ISP (sort of piggy back style)?

Thank you for your time.

David

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer VR400 nd NowBroadband
2019-04-24 14:51:34

Apparently the Now Broadband router is a Sky product and doesn't use PPOe (whatever that is sad).  Connecting the phone line to the TP Link dsl port will then not accept any of configuration parameters given by Now Broadband to connect to them.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer VR400 nd NowBroadband
2019-04-25 01:25:40

Hi,

How does the internet source connect to the ISP router? via phone line or ethernet cable? You can take a picture and send it to me. 

Meanwhile, if it is connected by phone line, then it need plug into the DSL port of VR400 and configure it with the parameters given by ISP.

If it is connected by ethernet cable, then please plug it into the LAN4/WAN port of VR400 and change the operation mode to wireless router mode and configure it. 

Below is the instruction to set it up as a regular wifi router. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1731/ 

May it help, have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 609

Replies: 4

Related Articles