archer 2800 software based vpn client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-04 14:31:02 - last edited 2019-05-05 03:42:09
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: Archer_VR2800(EU)V1_170809

I need help please

I have a software vpn (Zenmate) which dosent work using this router it seems to block all incoming traffic to the vpn connection i have tried turning off the firewall etc to no avail. 

I can successfully use the zenmate client with a standard bt router but not with the archer vr2800 any suggestions of what might be causing this issue which to me is becoming very annoying as the archer is so much better connection speed wise and wifi wise.

many thanks

MFrosdick

Options
1 Reply
Re:archer 2800 software based vpn client
2019-05-05 03:51:01

Hi,

What is the current network topology? How do you connect the VR2800 with the software VPN?

What kind of VPN do you use? The VR2800 supports VPN passthrough, including PPTP/Openvpn/IPsec VPN passthrough. You can try to enable the relative VPN passthrough. 

Besides, cause we are not familiar with the 3rd party software VPN, it is suggested to contact their tech support and get some suggestion as well.

May it help and have a nice day. 

MFrosdick wrote

I need help please

I have a software vpn (Zenmate) which dosent work using this router it seems to block all incoming traffic to the vpn connection i have tried turning off the firewall etc to no avail. 

I can successfully use the zenmate client with a standard bt router but not with the archer vr2800 any suggestions of what might be causing this issue which to me is becoming very annoying as the archer is so much better connection speed wise and wifi wise.

many thanks

MFrosdick

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 941

Replies: 1

Related Articles