Accidentally installed the firmware of the hardware version 3 and my hardware version is 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Accidentally installed the firmware of the hardware version 3 and my hardware version is 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-05 16:08:43 - last edited 2019-05-06 01:48:13
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: TD-W8961N_V2_150630

I Accidentally installed the firmware of the hardware version 3 and my hardware version is 2  now I want to go back to the old version and it shows the following message: error: FAIL TO UPDATE! The uploaded file was not accepted by the router. 

I wanna know is installing a higher hardware version firmware will cause any problems to the router ? Please Help thanks in advance !

Options
1 Reply
Re:Accidentally installed the firmware of the hardware version 3 and my hardware version is 2
2019-05-06 01:47:57 - last edited 2019-05-06 01:48:13

Hi,

The firmware need macth its hardware version, otherwise it may ruin the device itself. Meanwhile, sorry to tell you that it is against the warranty. 

If the current router works fine with the firmware for V3, do not flash it back to V2; and cause the error message pops up, seems that there is no method to do so.

You can run the router for a while and test whether it works fine. 

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 624

Replies: 1

Related Articles