Fail to access NTP servers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-12 07:38:33 - last edited 2020-09-14 01:45:20
Model: RE590T  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20171122 Rel 62085

Many, many months ago, I spent an inordinate amount on hold waiting for an answer to my question. Needlessly to say, I have still received an answer. I puchased the RE-590T for two reasons. For for the 1750AC radios and because I thought it would be cool to have the clock showing on the screen. My extender associates with a EAP-245 AC, and the EAP is connected to a Cisco SG-300 switch which is connected to a pfSense router/firewall.

When the extender connects, the logs says the following:

DNS probing failed, DUT can not get a DNS server

NTP detection failed

When looknig at the Status, it shows that I am not connected to the Internet. Needless to say, I am connected to the Internet just fine, but the device will not contact a NTP server to set the time. My pfsense router connects to NTP servers, and then provodes time for all my machines. The EAP-245 connected to two NTP servers external to my network, so the time is good to go there. So what is the problem with the RE-590T???

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Fail to access NTP servers-Solution
2020-09-14 01:45:13 - last edited 2020-09-14 01:45:20

@GT73 

Good day.

I checked that it seemed like you have one of the D-link extender.

And it would be much better that you could have a check with the D-Link technical support team to have a look;

Just a little advice, you could check what is the NTP server on your computer and maybe you could copy the NTP server of the PC;

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Fail to access NTP servers
2019-05-14 05:33:34

Hi,

With your device connected to the RE590T directly, can you access internet from it? Please check its IP address and default gateway obtained by it. Below is the instruction. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Note: Please show us a screenshot of the status-details page. 

Besides, please show us a screenshot of the settings-status page of the RE590T. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Fail to access NTP servers
2020-09-13 15:31:12

@kcallis 

I've similar problem with DAP-1620. Cannot receive NTP configuration. I've tried both manual and remote setup but they don't work. The time zone is set to Europe / Rome but the time is exactly 2 hours behind. I've tried local NTP with my server service NTP (IP local 192.xxx.x.x) but not's works. Any Idea?

GT
Options
Re:Fail to access NTP servers-Solution
2020-09-14 01:45:13 - last edited 2020-09-14 01:45:20

@GT73 

Good day.

I checked that it seemed like you have one of the D-link extender.

And it would be much better that you could have a check with the D-Link technical support team to have a look;

Just a little advice, you could check what is the NTP server on your computer and maybe you could copy the NTP server of the PC;

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4014

Replies: 3

Related Articles