Cannot remove devices as Alexa keeps finding old ones - SOLVED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-02 21:26:05 - last edited 2019-06-02 22:08:54
Model: HS105-KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I previously was using these Kasa plugs with Alexa without a problem. Since I changed my phone I had major problems so decided to factory reset the plugs and also my Echo Dot.

I set up the plugs again in the Kasa app but when I try to add them to Alexa, it keeps finding the 'old' ones and does not seem to know they have been factory reset. When I try to delete the 'old' ones in the Alexa app, it says I must also remove them from the Kasa app if Alexa is not to discover them again. And thewn it keeps on discovering the old ones and not the new ones.

I cannot be sure whether this is a Kasa problem or an Alexa problem but I think needs to be done is delete my Kasa account and, hopefully, the devices in it so that I can create a new Kasa account from scratch.

Anyone know how to get over my problem?

TIA

EDIT: OK for anyone with a similar problem this is how I resolved it. First, I disabled the Alexa Kasa Skill. I then logged out of the Kasa account and created a new one with a different email address and reset my plugs. Once they were working in Kasa, I enable the Kasa Skill and logged into it with my new Kasa account login. I could then add the plugs to Alexa and the old ones did not show up. Of course, it means my old Kasa account still exists and takes up a small amount of space on Kasa's server but I am not aware of any way of deleting the old account completely. I thought it would be fairer to other users if I edited my post rather than just delete it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot remove devices as Alexa keeps finding old ones - SOLVED
2019-06-04 09:01:10

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your network and have a good day!

Options
Re:Cannot remove devices as Alexa keeps finding old ones - SOLVED
2020-10-28 17:13:45

@Kevin_Z  I'm sorry but having to create an entirely new account to "solve" this issue is not solving the issue. There needs to be an actual fix.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1605

Replies: 2