TD-W9970 Virtual Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W9970 Virtual Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TD-W9970 Virtual Server
TD-W9970 Virtual Server
2019-06-06 20:24:27
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 2.5 v0025.0 Build 150917

HI,

I cannot find any F/W update for this Modem on the link pages for Canada.

I found upgrades on the global pages (EUR) and when I upload any of it, I cannot through VSL using same settings.

I would like to upgarde it because the Forwarding/Virtual Server settings cannot handle more than 16 lines, this feature is not indicated on the manual or anywhere else and I am stuck as my server requires at least 20, most routers can go up to 32 lines even the older ones.

Is there a way to solve that?

Thank you

Options
5 Reply
Re:TD-W9970 Virtual Server
2019-06-09 03:40:34

Hi,

FYI, we can add 16 entries under virtual server only, and I'm afraid that there is not much we can do. 

Meanwhile, there are some products can support up to 32, like TD-W9977, TD-W9980, Archer VR400 and so on.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-06-10 16:34:00

Hi,

Well thank you for your prompt reply.

I am afraid it is too late now to give me that information which I had to discover by myself since it is not indicated anywhere on your FAQ or the router's manual that I downloaded prior to buying the router to make sure it will work.

You know I have already bought it and unless you send me the amount to buy another model that you refer, I will not go buy another one and throw away $65.

I am very disappointed as well since your technical department never released any Firmware update to this model for Canadian market.

There have been a lot of WPSK and security issues since that FW was released.

I hope you sincerely work on an upgrade.

Regards

Options
Re:Re:TD-W9970 Virtual Server
2019-06-11 03:39:15

Hi,

Sorry for that, we will remind our R&D team and they can work on it.

You can keep an eye on official website, any updates, we will post there. 

Have a ncie day. 

Options
2019-06-13 22:26:15

Hi again,

Unfortunately I could not find anywhere in Canadian shops or online the model you mentionned W9977.

In fact the TD-W9970 is actually sold in stores and it is the only VDSL modem so far from tp-link in Canada, its minimum price is $74+Tx (https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/tp-link-wireless-usb-vdsl-adsl-modem-router-td-w9970/12431648)

and I believe it is not a very positive reputation for your company to ignore the Canadian market and neglect the updates for this model which has not been deprecated yet.

I sincerely hope you will upgarde it soon, this is your responsibilty as a manufacturer to keep routers updated as long as they are still marketed since strong securities are essential now with all the hacking on the internet, not mentionning the WPSK WIFI issues discovered lately.

Thank you

Options
Re:Re:TD-W9970 Virtual Server
2019-06-17 11:04:25

thanks for your reply.

for the sales issue, it varies in different countries; back to your case, per I said before, we will remind our R&D team.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1143

Replies: 5

Related Articles