TD-W8961N Wifi problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W8961N Wifi problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TD-W8961N Wifi problem
TD-W8961N Wifi problem
2019-06-10 06:57:46
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build 170103 Rel.02853

No deices can connect to the wifi after about 6+ hours with no activity or connections. The only solution is to restart the router. Tried looking for a similar probem online but no luck. Tried upgrading the Firmware version and it didn't work so I downgraded again especially that my router is (EU) version.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TD-W8961N Wifi problem
2019-06-11 03:26:25

Hi,

The top one is the latest firmware: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/td-w8961n/#Firmware You can update it to the latest one and give it a go.

Note: How to upgrade firmware: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/107/

You mentioned that no device can connect to the wifi about 6+ hours with no activity or connections, is there any error message if they cannot connect to it? 

Besides, what about the devices which have connected to the wifi already, are they able to get internet? 

What is the light status of the 8961N at that time? Please login to the web interface of the router and take a screenshot of the status page.

What is more, when did you buy this router? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:TD-W8961N Wifi problem
2019-06-17 08:30:02

"wrong password" error appears on mobiles and "can't connect" on laptops. Typicaly this happens when all are asleep so no devices are connected to the network but it happened once or twice when other devices were connected and they could get internet normally but others suffered from that problem. Also it happened once that the laptop lost it's connection all of a sudden and couldn't reconnect due to the same problem. When this happens all lights are normally light but no blinking. I'll try and screenshot the status page when this happens again but I can assure you nothing seems out of the ordinary, except that there's 0 wireless connections. I bought this router last December.

Options
Re:Re:Re:TD-W8961N Wifi problem
2019-06-18 01:48:45

Hi,

Thanks for your valued reply.

To do further analysis, please take a screenshot of the status page of the router. 

Meanwhile, have you ever tried to upgrade the firmware, any updates? 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4670

Replies: 3

Related Articles