Slow upload with wired connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-12 16:51:45 - last edited 2019-06-13 02:41:10
Model: Archer VR900v  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0069.0 Build 170303 Rel.59897n

My upload speed via the wired connectionon my desktop computer is a fraction of what I get on my wireless connectionon Ipad/ Iphone etc. I have tested with Kaspersky disabled and the firewall but makes no difference. I have replaced the Cat5e cable link between the router and the computer and that makes no difference. The download speed is the same on any internet enabled wireless machines as the wired connection to my PC. I usually get 17Mbs Download which is about right for my contracted speed from my ISP, who also tell me there are no issues with my connection, but my upload is around 0.4Mbs at best. Disabling QoS gave me an increase up to almost 0.9Mbs. My Ipad shows a Down load speed of around 17Mbs and an upload of 2.5Mbs.

Has anyone any ideas what the issue may be? I attach a screen shot from my Ipad showing Upload of 2.85Mbs, One from my Desktop 0.85Mbs and a graph of performance over some period. The rise in the latter part was when I disabled the QoS which got me up to the 0.85Mbs from around 0.4 or less Mbs.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow upload with wired connection
2019-06-13 07:33:28

Hi,

What is the download and upload speed you paid?

Have you ever tried to change another wired device and connect it to the router to check the upload speed?

Meanwhile, please login to the web interface of the router and show us a full screenshot of the advanced-status page. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Slow upload with wired connection
2019-06-13 10:28:06

Thank you for the response.

I have been talking to my ISp and they are also looking into it. 

I will attache the advanced info regardiing speeds and the speed I see on the Upload would be what the Speed test is measuring too. The confusion for me is that on a wireless connection I get 2.5 times the upload speed than I do on wired. See photos in the original message. Its like the Router is throttling in the upload speed, on the wired connection, available to me whereas the wireless connection is doing much better.

Disabling the QoS doubled my upload speed from around 0.4Mbs to almost 0.9Mbs which makes me think something else it throttling it.

Regards and thanks

Andy

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1479

Replies: 2

Related Articles