Powerline adaptor problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-04 12:50:04
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi I have been using the tl-wpa4226 kit for 3 months now without problems but a few days ago it stopped working, after many hours of trouble shooting i decided to turn off the main trip in the electric supply box the room where the router and main power adapter is remained powered (if my understanding is correct that means they are on different circuits).

Is there anyone who can explain how it manages to work fine foe 3 months?

Thanks

Options
6 Reply
Re:Powerline adaptor problems
2019-08-05 09:35:35

@ChrisBetts 

What is the led status of the TL-WPA4226kit when it stops working? Especially the powerline liht ( house led)

To ensure the performance, it is recommended to use the powerline adapters under the same power circuit; to narrow down the issue, you can plug them into the same room and test the speed and stability.

Besides, with them plugged into the original places, please use the tpPLC utility to verify the powerline link rate between them.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Powerline adaptor problems
2019-08-05 17:46:03

Hi I got and understand all that. The bit that I don't understand is why it worked for 3 months on a separate circuit when it should not have worked at all.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Powerline adaptor problems
2019-08-06 02:26:59

@ChrisBetts 

Even though it is recommended to use the powerline adapters under the same circuit, they may still work sometimes under different ring mains, the most important part is the powerline environment, while it is invisible, it is hard to say whether there is any change happened which affects the performance. 

Hope I make myself clear. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Powerline adaptor problems
2019-08-06 07:10:02

Yes all clear thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Powerline adaptor problems
2019-08-07 01:17:14

Great to know that; 

Any further problem, please let us know. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Powerline adaptor problems
2019-08-07 07:41:20

So if I run a cable from the breaker that controls the socket the first Powerline adapter is plugged into, to the room I need the second adapter with a socket on the to plug the second Powerline adapter in to that should work? Or does it need to be in a ring? 

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1608

Replies: 6

Related Articles