Kc120 not recording or connecting to live view

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-04 15:46:16

Hi I bought kasa cam KC120 yesterday and set up in my dad's house. Worked fine for few hours and ever since still get the notifications but cant view live camera and isn't recording. Saying it's offline and unable to connect. 

Going to take it back for a refund tomorrow AM if I don't have a fix for it. He has dementia and we need to be able to check on him 24/7.

Why is it not functioning as it should??? 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Kc120 not recording or connecting to live view
2019-08-05 03:12:42

@Jenmckay 

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulty with the camera, we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it.

1. Please ensure that the KC120 has the solid green led all the time.

2. What can you see when you go to liveview page? Is there no any clips recorded? Please show us 2 pictures:

a. The devices page once you opened the kasa app.

b. The activity page where the clips list.

3. Please ensure that the firmware and the kasa app is up to date and move the camera closer to the main router to verify whether it works more stable.

4. Besides, you can try to adjust some wireless settings of the main router to give it a go. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Kc120 not recording or connecting to live view
2019-08-05 05:07:01

Kevin_Z wrote

@Jenmckay 

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulty with the camera, we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it.

1. Please ensure that the KC120 has the solid green led all the time.

2. What can you see when you go to liveview page? Is there no any clips recorded? Please show us 2 pictures:

a. The devices page once you opened the kasa app.

b. The activity page where the clips list.

3. Please ensure that the firmware and the kasa app is up to date and move the camera closer to the main router to verify whether it works more stable.

4. Besides, you can try to adjust some wireless settings of the main router to give it a go. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Yes green light is on camera. 

I've attached images. Sometimes it says offline, others times it's online but when I hit watch live the blurred view with loading circle is all I get. It's a 2hr trip to my dad's house so I'd rather not have to do it for a 3rd day to check cables. I moved the router near the camera yesterday so shouldn't be an issue. 

Options
2019-08-05 05:08:22

Options
2019-08-05 05:10:09

Options
Re:Re:Re:Kc120 not recording or connecting to live view
2019-08-05 18:11:57

Just to let you know we got this sorted. Turned out the WiFi in my dad's house wasn't strong enough so we got a booster from argos and now works fine 👍

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Kc120 not recording or connecting to live view
2019-08-06 01:19:43

@Jenmckay 

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that you figured it out finally. 

If need more help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2313

Replies: 6