Deco M9 Plus keeps on disconnecting from router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-07 17:06:22
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

Now I'm having problems with the new mesh WiFi. Every 2 hours or so the mesh WiFi would keep on disconnecting with the router (no Internet connection, according to iOS app) and I have to turn off the whole Maxis router and VPN router to get back online.

My setup is Maxis Fibre 300 Mbps

1. Maxis router default configuration 192.168.1.254

The Maxis router connects to Asus RT-AC68W

2. I have a Asus RT-AC68W, setup as a ExpressVPN router, on a different network segment. 192.168.21.1. Usually I set the WAN to automatic DHCP configuration and before this no problems at all. Restart once in a while, but not at often since I installed the TP-Link Deco M9 Plus. I tried to set WAN to static configuration as below

IP address - 192.168.1.75
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
Default gateway - 192.168.1.254
Primary DNS - 192.168.1.254

The Asus router connects with TP-Link Deco M9 Plus

3. TP-Link Deco M9 Plus, 3 set. I set as router mode.

I tried to set automatic WAN via IPv4. But still get disconnecting every 2 hours or so. And I have to restart the whole system. 

I tried also manual WAN as below

IP address - 192.168.21.75
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
Default gateway - 192.168.21.1
Primary DNS - 192.168.21.1

The LAN IP is 

Any ideas what causing this problem?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus keeps on disconnecting from router
2019-08-08 05:45:54

Mine just started losing wifi connection intermittently today after changing Deco M9 password , it was working flawlessly until this afternoon. I've wasted the last eight hours all because I needed to change a password that had characters. Bought a Ecobee 4 wifi thermostat today that won't work if password has characters in it. I'm sorry its just that I'm frustrated with my Mesh system right now. By the looks of the forum others are having same problem or close to the same. Guess I'm returning it tomorrow since I bought only two months ago from Costco  on June 6th 2019 and I'm looking right at the receipt. Two MONTHS ! Wow! Good Luck  Rich

Options
2019-08-08 06:01:14

@Syarin 

What is the VPN IP pool of the expressVPN you setup? 

With computer connected to the ASUS router, does it lose connection every two hours? 

What is the light status of the Deco M9 plus when the network stops working? Any error message pops up on the Deco app?

At that time, what is the IP address and gateway of your computer with your laptop connected to the Deco M9 plus? Can it ping the gateway of the ASUS router? 

Meanwhile, can you get internet from the Asus router and the Maxis router when Deco M9 plus stops working?

To narrow down the issue, please connect the Deco M9 plus to the Maxis router directly bypass the Asus router and verify whether it works well. 

Thanks in advance; Nice day. 

Options
2021-11-23 05:03:37

This happened to me as well. I believe even minor power fluctuations make the deco to restart. The LED changes to yellow for a minute , changes to blinking red and finally green. Happens every couple of hours or so. After I connected it to a 'router ups' (even a standard  ups should do) the problem went away.. 

Options
2021-11-23 08:53:59

@pskumar 

Hi, I am not sure If I got it correctly.

Were you trying to say, Deco lost the internet connection from Deco because it randomly restarted itself?

Or do you have to restart the Deco to get the internet connection back?

Also, what do you mean “ After I connected it to a 'router ups' (even a standard ups should do) the problem went away”, replacing the Deco with a normal router, then the disconnection issue went away?

Since the original post is very old, it would be highly appreciated if you could start a new thread and provide more details about it.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5941

Replies: 4

Related Articles