Understanding Archer VR400 traffic monitor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-14 21:41:51 - last edited 2019-08-15 02:52:33
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Anyone explain exactly what this traffic monitor graph is displaying??? So it's about 3MB but 3MB what? 3MB/second?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Understanding Archer VR400 traffic monitor
2019-08-15 02:55:40

@rob.malt 

Toggle on Traffic Monitor, select the desired interface from the dropdown list, and then you can see the packets received and sent via this interface in the past ten minutes.

You can read page 103 of the user manual for more information. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-vr400/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Understanding Archer VR400 traffic monitor
2019-08-15 08:46:53

The manual states:

Toggle on Traffic Monitor, select the desired interface from the dropdown list, and then you can see the packets received and sent via this interface in the past ten minutes. This function is disabled by default.

I don't think that description is correct for the graph in that it's not measuring the number of packets. The scale is in MB which is a meaningless scale for packets. However, I've calculated that it's most likely megabytes/second. The underlying link is been measured at ~25,000Mbps which does correspond to ~2.5MB/s. 

So the graph is showing MB/s - and that my client's link is totally saturated by people streaming :-) But that's a different problem to solve.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2046

Replies: 2