Wds bridge between Archer D2 and Fiber Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-25 07:35:27 - last edited 2019-08-27 01:04:34

Hey Guys,

i have a situation with my tp-link product , hope you can guide me to solve it . 

i recently purchased a fiber modem ( from fiberhome ) & i need to extend the wifi with my tp-link Archer D2

as i already checked my D2 config , the "wds bridge" option is only available on 5 ghz networks & i think my fiber modem is working only on 2.4 ghz

so what options do i have here ?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wds bridge between Archer D2 and Fiber Modem-Solution
2019-08-26 06:30:08 - last edited 2019-08-27 01:04:34

@Kouros 

Hello, per you know, the Archer D2 supports WDS bridging feature for 5GHz only, that is to say, it cannot connect to the fiber modem which supports 2.4GHz only.

While if you want to use Archer D2 to extend the wifi range, you can configure it as an access point. 

Below is an instruction you can refer to :

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/417/

Note: The model number is different, while the setup steps are the same. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Wds bridge between Archer D2 and Fiber Modem-Solution
2019-08-26 06:30:08 - last edited 2019-08-27 01:04:34

@Kouros 

Hello, per you know, the Archer D2 supports WDS bridging feature for 5GHz only, that is to say, it cannot connect to the fiber modem which supports 2.4GHz only.

While if you want to use Archer D2 to extend the wifi range, you can configure it as an access point. 

Below is an instruction you can refer to :

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/417/

Note: The model number is different, while the setup steps are the same. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Wds bridge between Archer D2 and Fiber Modem
2019-08-26 12:18:16

Thank you @Kevin_Z for your great information...i would have preferred using wds bridging but unfortunately as you mentioned i should use lan ports...

Options
Re:Re:Re:Wds bridge between Archer D2 and Fiber Modem
2019-08-27 01:03:58

@Kouros 

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the inconvenience cause only 5GHz supports the WDS birdging function, we are not able to connect to the fiber modem which supports 2.4GHz only instead. 

You can use Archer D2 as a wired repeater to extend the wifi range or you can order a range extender to do that. Like TL-WA850RE, RE450. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/range-extender/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3881

Replies: 3