Wrong ISP, but connection parameters are OK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-27 11:20:05

Hi everyone, my name is Claudia, I'm from Italy and I'm new to this forum and TP-Link in general, so please excuse me if I'm posting to the wrong section.

I have a little problem with my new router and I wonder if there's a solution to it!

Last Saturday I bought an Archer D50 as a replacement for my faulty old, ISP-branded router. I had no difficulty with configuration, but hours ago I discovered some strange settings regarding ISP.

Although I entered right data for both Country and ISP fields during the Quick Configuration (Italy and Telecom Italia respectively), my Internet entry under the Basic section shows a list of German ISPs. VPI/VCI values are wrong as well, and can't change any of these settings. My Internet connection seems not to be influenced by all this mess, Ookla speedtest detects my ISP correctly and the same happens with every other program implying provider detection, MyTim Fisso included (that is, provider's official app for managing home phone services).

But I don't feel comfortable with it and want to set the right parameters. Is there a way to change them?

Thanks so much in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wrong ISP, but connection parameters are OK
2019-08-28 03:49:35

@Claudia0782 

Hello Claudia, please go to basic-internet page to change the ISP and VPI/VCI parameters. 

Any updates, please let us know.

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Wrong ISP, but connection parameters are OK
2019-08-28 12:30:56

I tried several times, but couldn't find a way to select my own (or see any other Italian provider).

In the meantime I found a previous reply to another post, suggesting to set ISP field to "Other" so that VCI/VPI could be configured with their correct values. I followed this advice, but there's no internal setting confirming my ISP is Tecom Italia, all I see is the same list of German names.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 786

Replies: 2

Related Articles