TL-WPA4220 issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA4220 issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WPA4220 issues
TL-WPA4220 issues
2019-08-27 13:43:04 - last edited 2019-08-28 03:15:31

I currently have a network which is connected via a TP-LINK AV600 Powerline Wi-FiKit model no. TL-WPA4226 Kit (TL-WPA4220 & TL-PA4020P)

This works well - I can connect my laptop via a TL-PA4010and an RJ45 cable from any power socket throughout the house.

My Wi-Fi is part of my Virgin Media broadband package and the TL-WPA4220 adds to this is one particular blackspot.

Now after building work I now have two further blackpots and I have therefore purchased two new TL-WPA4220's to further extend my wireless coverage.

However I cannot for the life of me get the first of the new ones to work (I have not opened the second new one as yet).

Followig the instruction sheet it seems so easy, However 1; the 'Powerline LED does not illuminate and although the W-Fi light does illuminate it does not provide internet access.

I have followed the instructional videos I can find on this website but nothing is pointing me into any sort of resolution. Everythingseems to depend on the Powerline LED being illuminated to get anywhere.

Funny thing is if I connect an RJ45 cable to the TL-WPA4220 and connect that to my router then I do get internet access. I think this shows me that the network 'cabling' (electrical circuit) is fine but there is some issue with the Wi-Fi. Could this be incompatbility - the first WPA4220 is Ver 1.2 whilst the new ones are V4

If anyone has any thoughts I'd really be greatful to hearing them.

Chris Epps

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 issues
2019-08-30 05:38:04

@chrisepps 

For your information, all the TP-Link powerline adapters are compatible with each other, so please be assured about it.

With PC--TL-WPA4220--Main router, the TL-PWA4220 can be regarded as an ethernet cable, and the PC can get internet directly; while to extend the wifi network and add it into the existing network, you need pair them.

You can follow the instruction below to pair them manually and ensure that the powerline led comes on. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/258/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 851

Replies: 1

Related Articles