Google Home doesn't get a proper response from Kasa anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-28 19:41:52 - last edited 2019-09-01 05:41:56
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

Hi

I am using a few of the HS110(EU) Smartplugs and control them via my Google Home Devices.

They are working fine but I noticed that since about 2-3 weeks Google Home doesn't get a proper response from the TP-Link devices.

It works when I give the command "Hey Google - turn on LampXY" - but Google Home gives the answer: "Sorry, I didn't get any response".

Normally it should say: "Okay, I turned on LampXY". Where there any changes which could affect this? I didn't change anything in my home network.

It's not a big thing but pretty annoying when you get always the same response "Sorry, I didn't get any response".

Any help or information is appreciated!

Thanks!

Chris

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Google Home doesn't get a proper response from Kasa anymore-Solution
2019-08-30 10:43:23 - last edited 2019-09-01 05:41:56

Hi Kevin

thank you for your reply - I think the problem has been solved.

The evening I came home it was working like normal again - without changing anything.

I tried to remove the link between Kasa App in my Google Home App and added it again a few days ago - which didn't help. Everything was working fine, except the response - also operating the plugs directly via Kasa App worked fine. I wanted to contact Google Support aswell but when I came home it was working again - so I want to believe someone saw my post here and changed something. cheeky Sure, my Smart Plugs have names and now I am receiving the usual answers from Google Home like "Ok, I'm turning on the Lamp".

All the best,

Chris

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Google Home doesn't get a proper response from Kasa anymore
2019-08-30 09:17:44

@SirWeasel 

Are you able to control the HS110 remotely via the kasa app even though the google home does not response?

Try to delete it on the Google home and link it up back to the Kasa to give it a go.

Besides, you can change the device name of the smart plug.

And you can give a call to Google and get some help at their end.

Good day.

Options
Re:Re:Google Home doesn't get a proper response from Kasa anymore-Solution
2019-08-30 10:43:23 - last edited 2019-09-01 05:41:56

Hi Kevin

thank you for your reply - I think the problem has been solved.

The evening I came home it was working like normal again - without changing anything.

I tried to remove the link between Kasa App in my Google Home App and added it again a few days ago - which didn't help. Everything was working fine, except the response - also operating the plugs directly via Kasa App worked fine. I wanted to contact Google Support aswell but when I came home it was working again - so I want to believe someone saw my post here and changed something. cheeky Sure, my Smart Plugs have names and now I am receiving the usual answers from Google Home like "Ok, I'm turning on the Lamp".

All the best,

Chris

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Google Home doesn't get a proper response from Kasa anymore
2019-09-01 05:41:35

@SirWeasel 

Hi, Chris, thanks for your valued reply, glad to hear that it works well now.

You can take more time to verify its performance, any further problem, please let us know.

Have a nice day.

Options
2019-09-29 22:00:28

@Kevin_Z I’ve got the exact same issue with both my dimmers. HS 220

whenever i ask google assistant to activate them it works but the assistant answers Sorry I didn’t get any response”. This is quite annoying... 

Options
2019-09-30 01:29:38

@Gorti 

What about the kasa app? Can you control the HS200 with it remotely? 

If it works, try to change the device name of the HS200 and delete the link between kasa app and Google home, then re-link them. 

Please ensure that the firmware of the HS200 is up to date. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1107

Replies: 5