Need Help With My Connections Dropping?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-06 03:31:21 - last edited 2019-09-06 07:09:36
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.2.0.0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 170719 Rel. 63031n

Hi TP-Link,

I'm having problems with my VR400, it's all up to date with the firmware, it starts later on at night the my girlfriend said about 9:45pm to 10pm she watches stuff on the android box at nite then the connection drops same time, the router is in the other room, we never have problems? Before, I'm based in the UK and with Plusnet. We have to switch it off and back on to recovery the wifi connection for it to work again not had it long about about 3 months the router.

I might try changing the CH on wifi maybe.

Scanning the network to see why running what when it gets knocked out.

Thanks

Tom

Options
4 Reply
Re:Need Help With My Connections Dropping?
2019-09-06 09:29:10

@NA2598 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here, we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it.

What is the light status of the VR400 when it goes offline?

With your computer or smart phone connected to it at that time, what is the IP address and default gateway it obtained?
Note: How to get them: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Meanwhile, please try to access the web page and take a snapshot of the status page. 
Note: How to login to the web interface: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1730/

Furthermore, when did you buy it?

Here is an instruction you can follow to troubleshoot as well.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2238/

Look forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Options
2019-09-13 07:51:36

Hi @Kevin_Z  

Thank you for getting back to me, sorry I've not got back to you sooner. The router keeps dropping out I have taken a photo for you.

When I switched it off and back on the two arrows have gone from the router.

This photo is when it stopped working as you requested by myself.

Thanks again I might need technical support on the phone at this rate.

Options
2019-09-24 07:05:11

@NA2598 

Thanks for your reply, sorry to respond late.

From the led status, the internet led is still green, theoretically the router should be working properly, while the WPS button turned on. 

When the router stops working, what is the IP address and gateway obtained by your computer? Instruction as below:

Please test whether you can ping the gateway of the Archer VR400, which is 192.168.1.1 by default. 

Besides, please login to the web UI of VR400 and get a picture of the advanced-status page.

Per you asked, you can contact our hotline service center also:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support  

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2020-01-06 11:10:41

Hi guys and have a happy new year 

i am facing the above-mentioned problem for quite a long time now

What i face is this: the router is connected on my pc via ethernet cable the connection goes fantastic on the PC but does not happen the same with my wireless connection which from time to time it drops and none of my devices (iPad, phones, etc)  can connect to it.

When i restart the router sometimes the problem is fixed but sometimes does not.

So the only thing i have tried so far is to change channel and channel width but with no luck, the problem remains it comes and goes. The time i write these lines the problem was persistent, now it seems to be fixed after rebooting the router from the interface and not by simple turn it off and then on for some time.

My router is VR-400 AC1200

Firmware version  0.2.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 170719 Rel.63031n

Hardware Version:   Archer VR400 v2 00000000

Any suggestions?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1694

Replies: 4