Phone lose connection with Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-13 20:15:36
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, we set up this M9 mesh system and a few times a day someone in our family lose connection to WiFi and must connect again. Phone asks for password for The WiFi network?!?

We use it as Accespoint. How is this possible? We read all very good reviews but we are not satisfied yet.sad Can somebody help?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Phone lose connection with Deco M9
2019-09-16 03:05:32

@Oeti 

The wifi password is related to the authentication type and encryption type of the wireless, it has nothing to do with the operation mode. 

Once you give it a password, the device will need enter the password to join it. 

Back to your case, you can re-enter the password to connect to the Deco network or forget the network first and then reconnect. 

After that, please turn off fast roaming via the Deco app.

Any updates, please let us know.

Best regards. 

Options
2019-09-16 05:14:12

@Kevin_Z , Thanks for your reaction.

I understand your story, but how is it possible that everyday someone or more persons in our family have The same problem again and again.

About The fast roaming, in The beginning I turned it off but I thought Maybe it Goes better when I turn it on..... but seems to be No difference.

what we want is a stabile system where we can count on.

Options
2019-09-17 02:03:04

@Oeti 

Thanks for your reply; we can try to do further troubleshooting to locate this issue and fix it. 

When the wireless device lost connection, what is the led status of the Deco units? 

With computer connected to the Deco directly, please verify whether it can get internet and click here to get the IP address and gateway. 

In the meantime, please connect your computer to the main router, bypass the Deco to confirm whether the internet works well.

Besides, please tell us the current network diagram. How do you connect these devices together? 

If possible, you can swap the locations of the Deco units or configure one of them as the main router and setup the current router as bridge mode. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2019-09-18 17:48:08

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, thanks for your reaction.

First thing: when we lost connection again I looked to the Led colour of the main Deco and it was red.

I checked and The internet works well.

I connected with a cable The main Deco to The modem/router in The hall. The second on The first Floor wireless. And The Third on The second Floor also wireless.

I don’t want to set The current router in bridge mode because then I lose exit 2, 3 and 4 of The modem and I need these for connecting with UTP cable two Playstations. I did it already once to set The current router in bridge mode and then The gaming was instable.

Options
2019-09-20 08:54:11

@Oeti 

With main Deco connected to the ISP router only, please connect your computer to the Deco when the LED turns red and click here to check the IP and gateway. And please verify whether you can ping the gateway of the main router.

Meanwhile, have you ever tried to clone the MAC address with computer connected to the Deco by wired cable? 

Please hard reset the Deco and swap their locations to give it a go.

Please tell us who is your ISP and the model number of your ISP router.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-09-07 18:13:44

I'm having the same issue with an iphone10. It drops constantly and the phone is only about 30 feet from one of the Deco units. Simply re-entering the password does not work. Even if I forget the network and rejoin It keeps saying I'm enering the wrong password. The deco app on my phone keeps sending me a notification asking if I want to share the password. I have to share it multiple times. It only asks this for the iphone 10 that gets disconnected. The other devices are fine. Why does it keep asking to share the password. Today I had to share it 5 times before it would let the phone join. This is really annoying. I'm ready to ship this system back. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Oeti 

With main Deco connected to the ISP router only, please connect your computer to the Deco when the LED turns red and click here to check the IP and gateway. And please verify whether you can ping the gateway of the main router.

Meanwhile, have you ever tried to clone the MAC address with computer connected to the Deco by wired cable? 

Please hard reset the Deco and swap their locations to give it a go.

Please tell us who is your ISP and the model number of your ISP router.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-09-08 07:22:40

@edjb4444 

Hello, sorry to hear that. Please help confirm some basic info and we will try to figure it out:
1. What is the iOS version of your iPhone 10? Are all the other wireless devices connected to the Deco network fine?

2. How many Deco M9 units do you have and how are they connected to each other? Is the main Deco M9 working as a router? 

3. What is the LED status of the Deco M9 when your iPhone 10 lost connection? Are all units showing solid green lights?

4. Try to disable fast roaming and connect your iPhone 10 to the main Deco wireless directly.

Good days.

Options
2020-10-17 13:27:13

@Oeti 

Hi  same problem here Iphone 7+  ios 13.7

Also mybRasbpberry pi 4 looses wifi
I have installes Decco M9 one as router tvo as accespoint.

Computer connection  works fine.

Remote cameras and dorebell RIN  works fine bur Iphone wifi loses connection.

My SSID is wireless

guest ssid Anton-Robert_Guest stay on without a problem but i cant see other divises of course.

kind regards

Anton  sm6kst

Options
2020-10-17 13:51:28
solution was to change theSSID generic name "wireless" to Anton&Robert_Home. Conection is table now with my iPhone
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1673

Replies: 9

Related Articles