TL-WPA4220 connected but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-17 10:01:52 - last edited 2019-09-18 16:34:51
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have 2 WPA4220 apaptors. Have been working perfectly. This morning one of them stopped updating data onto a web page. I connected to the wifi and it shows connected no internet. I powered off the device but still have the same problem. How can I solve this?

Ian 

Options
14 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 connected but no internet
2019-09-17 18:48:30 - last edited 2019-09-18 16:34:51

@IanE 

Hi Ian,  First thing to check would be did anything get added electrically to your powerline enviroment recently?  Any adverse weather, pest issues or anything that could affect the quality of the powerline in your home.  If no then look at the adapter.  Make sure the Homelink (house)LED is lit.  If not you will want to re-pair the device.  Hold the pair button for 30 seconds.  Then tap it for 1 second.  Tap the pair button of the other 4220 or the 4010 base adapater for 1 second with in 120 seconds to start the pair process.  

Let us know if this doesn't work.

Options
2019-09-18 08:34:17 - last edited 2019-09-18 16:34:51

@Carl 

As far as I know nothing much has changed on the electrics

The homelink LED is flashing very slowly.

The device can be addressed by its IP address but the response is very slow.

If I move it into a socket next to the TL-PA4010 3.0 it works perfectly  and the homelink LED is on solid.

What does this indicate?

Options
2019-09-19 03:07:17

@IanE 

Thanks for your reply. 

Please click here to check the IP and gateway obtained by the computer with it connected  to the TL-WPA4220 which stops working.

Meanwhile, per you said, it works well with plugged next to the TL-PA4010, it seems that the powerline environment affects the performance; you can change another power socket to give it go.

Or you can swap the locations of the 2 TL-WPA4220 and test whether they work properly.

Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-19 11:16:19

@Kevin_Z 

Where can I find latest firmware (UK installation)?

Options
2019-09-20 03:16:51

@IanE 

Below is the download link of the firmware for TL-WPA4220 V4.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220kit/#Firmware

You can verify the current firmware version via the tpPLC utility.

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-20 18:12:10

@Kevin_Z

Hi 

Could not find firmware on site you linked. 

Options
2019-09-23 08:13:10

@IanE 

Hello, thanks for your reply.

If the TL-WPA4220 is EU version which you can find it on the back label of the actual de, then you can click the link below to get the firmware. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-wpa4220-kit/#Firmware

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2021-05-23 08:47:44

@Carl hi i am currently using TP-Link WPA4220 Powerline (using wifi connection)

All the lights on my adapter and extender is working fine but i can't seem to connect to the internet.

It happens only intermittently. After I turn on and off, I could use it for a few mins and it is back to "No Internet"

Tried to reset multiple times. Still the same issue.

Appreciate if you can help me! Thank you.

Options
2021-05-24 19:24:30

@Qian 

Start troubleshooting by moving the wireless adapter into the same room as the base unit that is connect to your router.  Test the connection both wired and wirelessly in the same room to see if you have the same concern happening.  If not, move the remote(wireless) unit just outside the room and test again.  Continue this process until you start to see issues.  Once you do look for any points of interference, such as major appliances that are not flitered behind a surge protector and the sorts.  

If issues are happening in the same room but only on wireless, set the wireless netowrok name to a unique name and set the channel to a different channel than the router is using.  

In either instance make sure the firmware is up to date as well. Start with that and let me know the results. 

Options
2021-09-01 13:04:24

Qian wrote

@Carl hi i am currently using TP-Link WPA4220 Powerline (using wifi connection)

All the lights on my adapter and extender is working fine but i can't seem to connect to the internet.

It happens only intermittently. After I turn on and off, I could use it for a few mins and it is back to "No Internet"

Tried to reset multiple times. Still the same issue.

Appreciate if you can help me! Thank you.

I'm having the same issue with my TP-Link WPA4220 Powerline.

I bought the TP Link AV600 in October 2020 to extend the WIFI from my house to my bar in my garden, around 150 feet away. I stream music and TV using the device, and it has worked with almost no problems at all until recently.

In May 2021, I tried to stream a football match and my laptop said it was connected but there was no internet. I tried a few things, and it appeared to start working when I unplugged the transmitter in the house from the wall, and plugged it into an alternative socket. But that may have been a coincidence. However, since then, I noticed that the streaming quality appeared to improve when using the alternative socket. Again, that could be a coincidence too.

Some time passed, and the TP Link worked without problems for a couple of months. On 14th August, I turned my laptop on to stream some music. It said it was connected to the device, but there was no internet. On this occasion, I tried a few things, and spent a couple of hours going back and forth to the router, but I simply couldn’t get it to work at all. The next morning I went down to the bar to have another go, and it was working again. I didn’t do anything. It just seemed to be random.

Then, on 29th August, I had the same experience again. During the daytime I checked it was working. It wasn’t. I took the laptop to the router in the house and tested the ethernet connection directly into my laptop. It didn’t work. I then ‘wriggled’ the ethernet wire at the router and the connection started to work. I thought that must be the reason – bad wire and/or bad router port. I replaced the wire with a new one and switched to a different port. I then paired the devices and everything seemed to work well. Then during the evening of the same day, we tried it in the bar again and it said it was connected to the device, but there was no internet again. I tried a few things, and spent an hour going back and forth to the router, but I couldn’t get it to work. The next morning I went down to the bar to have another go, and it was working again. Again, it just seemed to be random. It’s continued to work normally since then.

What are your thoughts? Are there any specific settings I should apply to the router or the TP Link devices perhaps?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 12090

Replies: 14

Related Articles