Deco M5 - automation rules are faulty

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 - automation rules are faulty

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - automation rules are faulty
2020-01-21 13:34:59

@Kevin_Z Hi. Three months have passed since our conversation and two updates of Deco firmware. Is any information about the progress of work on this feature ?

Options
2020-01-22 02:52:43

@K4mil3k 

Sorry to tell you that there is no update yet. Generally speaking, a solid data foundation is needed to add a new feature, that is to say, enough similar requests are necessary when it comes into the new feature. 

We are keeping an eye on similar feedback and forward them to our product department. 

Good day. 

Options
2021-05-05 07:47:50

@K4mil3k 

I was expecting to create an automation saying turn on a device at a set time but only if someone is home. Unfortunately this seems to be impossible.

I can create an automation to turn something on / off at a specific time or I can trigger it when I leave or return home (my phone connects or disconnects) but I can't combine the two.

There is little or no point turning on my coffee machine, or the heating or the lights if I'm not home     

Options
2021-05-06 07:17:30

@KiwiWaveSurfer 

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We have reported this feedback to the senior engineers already and keep attention to similar feedback;

Thanks.

Options
2021-05-06 07:28:58

@KiwiWaveSurfer 
As you see i have started this thread in September 2019, but nothing has been improved since then. I gave up this equipment and changed other hardware, which is a pity, because with minor corrections it could be really interesting devices for wide Home network.

Options
2021-05-07 06:53:57

@K4mil3k 

Fortunately I didn't buy the Deco for it's smart home automation features. It would have been a nice bonus except they don't work except in a very limited fashion. 

I have a number of tp-Link smart home products and the Deco doesn't even recognize many as smart devices so can't control them.

* I have several HS100 smart plug which are hardware version 2.0 that the Deco does recognize and can be controlled by the automation

* I have one HS100 smart plus which has hardware version 4.0 (so probably more recent) but the Deco doesn't recognize it so it can't be included in any automation. The newer hardware version 4.0 plus is running a lower numbered firmware version.

* I have several Kasa KL130 smart bulbs but the Deco doesn't recognize them so they can't be included in any automation.

* I have two Tapu smart bulbs which were a free bonus when I brought the Deco but the Deco doesn't recognize them so they can't be included in any automation.

I also have smart devices from other manufacturers which like all my tp-link smart devices connect to my wi-fi and work with my smart assistant but are completely dumb to the Deco. 

Options
2021-05-10 19:51:09 - last edited 2021-05-10 19:52:56

One thing I noticed that doesn't appear to be mentioned int the thread: Your rule 1: Rule 1 "HS_disable" Trigger: 2 network devices selected, Triggered by all devices, When devices are Disconnected Action: Plugs off Shows the trigger to be for all devices, so only activates when you both leave at once. This is why it won't trigger when your wife leaves afteafter. Can you not set up two rules, one for your wife's device and one for yours?

Options
Related Articles