force device to always connect to a specific deco?

force device to always connect to a specific deco?

107 Reply
Re:force device to always connect to a specific deco?
2022-12-11 17:39:55 - last edited 2022-12-11 17:40:23

I just took the units back for full refund and went with a different brand. I wasn't getting anywhere with tplink support. Was advised to use ethernet cable to link them together. Thought that totally defeated the intended purpose.

Options
2022-12-11 20:41:34

I can't find the Connection Preference option. I have the X55. Can you tell me where to find this

@Derileek98 

TP-Link has FAQ document describing Connection Preference feature: How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

Options
2022-12-12 12:06:15

@Derileek98 

Please also make sure your firmware is up to date. And the latest official firmware of Deco X55 is 1.1.0 Build 20221102

Deco X50(V1) 1.1.0

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-15 21:17:49

Why isnt this feature available on the higher tier mesh decos?

I have X60's throughout the house and I don't have this option, which is really disappointing.

Options
2022-12-16 00:03:43

@Alexandre. 

I looked at the article that explains how to use the preferred connection approach and it specifically states the devices the article applies to with my model (Deco M9+) included in the applicable device list. However, there is no option mentioned in my Deco App. I double checked the firmware for my units and they are at the latest release.

Where is the option if the article actually is correct?

Options
2022-12-16 01:09:54

NTGm wrote

@Alexandre. 

I looked at the article that explains how to use the preferred connection approach and it specifically states the devices the article applies to with my model (Deco M9+) included in the applicable device list. However, there is no option mentioned in my Deco App. I double checked the firmware for my units and they are at the latest release.

Where is the option if the article actually is correct?

@NTGm 

You will need to install M9 Plus beta firmware to unlock that option. Here it is: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/574954

Options
2023-05-27 00:17:21
This sucks. Have the XE75 one of the newest models and don't have this option and not on the beta list. Trash. Will resell and get something else. My basement deco is hard wired and none of the nearby devices connect, they all go through the ceiling and connect to the deco upstairs that has a way slower connection. I'm no engineer but this doesn't seem like rocket science
Options
2023-05-27 17:38:41

@David-TP 

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I have 2 x Deco M4 and I want to add more to the network.

In my local store today they had two three packs. Both were EU V3.

Are you only manufacturing V4 now, and it likely that the store was just holding older stock?

Thank you.

Options
2023-05-31 20:01:58

I have the same issue. I installed the doorbell and it's connecting to the farthest deco. I have 5 deco x20s installed. The nearest deco is Deco4 but it's connecting to the Deco3. Is there any solution to force the client to connect to the specific deco?

Options
2023-06-12 19:10:34

@David-TP is this going to be added to the x60 at any point? my furthest one away alway connects to the living room and drops out but i have one in the middle that it could connect to to get a better signal.

Options

Tags

Feature Request
connection preference
Related Articles