Archer vr2600 speedtest lower than Plusnet Hub 1 (Model selestion doesnt have VR2600 as a choice)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer vr2600 speedtest lower than Plusnet Hub 1 (Model selestion doesnt have VR2600 as a choice)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-24 18:12:11
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer_VR2600v1_1.4.0_0.8.0_up_boot(160518)_2016-05-18_14.20.31.bin

HI all,

I purchased a TPlink VR2600 with the intention of it replacing my Hub 1 and converting the Hub 1 to an AP to cover rest of flat. I'm on a very tight budget & the VR2600 fitted specs I needed the best.

Set up went OK, however Ive done repeated speed tests, Hub 1 reports around 30 MBps download on Ethernet & Wifi but VR2600 is only reporting around 7MBps or 8MBps down on wired and wifi. Both however are consistant with Upload speed at around 8-9 MBps.

I've been through the settings several times and cant see any difference except choosing in TPlink UI between xDSL modem mode and Wifi modem Mode. Documentation suggests leaving on xDSL.

A couple of quirks I have noticed. Some websites struggle to load with messages like ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED On the VR2600 I can't play youtube links on VLC & facebook particularly seems to have trouble resolving. I've also tried using Psiphon (www.psiphon3.com) and the ERR_CONNECTION hasnt shown itself. I've done speedtests which also replicate previously mentioned Down & Up speeds.

I'm on standard fibre plan.

Does anyone please have any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer vr2600 speedtest lower than Plusnet Hub 1 (Model selestion doesnt have VR2600 as a choice)
2019-09-25 05:36:05

@tartanthing 

What is the current network diagram? Does Plusnet provide DSL line/phone line to get internet? 

With computer connected to the Archer VR2600, please run a speed test for 3 times and show us the result; in the meantime, please click here to check the wired negotiation speed. 

Note: The steps are the same, while you need right click on ethernet connection or local area connection. 

What is more, please access the web UI of the Archer VR2600 and show us a full screenshot of the advanced-status page, especially the DSL status page. 

Please list some examples of the websites which you failed to access; and try to ping them and show us the results. 

Besides, try to change the DNS server on the web UI under network-DHCP server page to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4. 

Any updates, please let us know.

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 736

Replies: 1