My router is providing Wi-Fi access on my laptop but not on my mobile phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-24 21:26:58 - last edited 2019-09-25 02:24:02
Model: TL-WA801ND  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I live in Sweden and i bought my router from Turkey. I am using my router to create Wi-Fi (access point). I connected cat6 ethernet cable between ethernet plug(on the wall) and my Tp-Link Router. After Quick Setup i create a wi-fi in my room. I can use this wi-fi on my laptop. I entered the wi-fi password on my phone. On the screen of phone it is like connected to Wi-fi, however there is no internet service. Also i tried it on my friends' phones, but the problem is same. Every device can see my wi-fi and connect, however no device can access internet service. Can somebody help me please urgently?

Options
1 Reply
Re:My router is providing Wi-Fi access on my laptop but not on my mobile phone
2019-09-25 02:23:51 - last edited 2019-09-25 02:24:02

@mutluswed 

For your information, the TL-WA801ND is an access point, not a regular wireless router; It does not have to ability to assign IP address to connected devices, and we cannot setup the PPPoE connection or dynamic IP on it; to make it work, there should be an internet source with DHCP server existed. 

Back to your case, cause you connect the TL-WA801ND to the wall plug directly, it is suggested to verify whether you can get internet from the wall port with your computer, and check whether it is a public IP or private IP. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2349

Replies: 1