Some devices will only connect to guest network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-25 18:22:53
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hello

hoping someone can tell me the answer to this, and I suspect it's something really obvious .. but for some reason certain devices I have will only connect to my guest network, whilst others work better on the guest network than my main network (I also have plenty that work fine on the main network)

examples are my Philips Android TV x 2 (a 2019 model) which just will not connect to the main network, HP Laptops running Windows 7 connects best to guest- my wife's, whilst my exact same model works better on my main network 

I've worked through the settings on the Deco app and can't see anything that would cause this, but then I don't fully trust it as it doesn't even recognise my phone that's running the app is connected to the network :-/

thanks in advance for any assistance 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Some devices will only connect to guest network
2019-09-26 02:42:14

@MJC_OK 

Hello, can they detect the host network form the Deco M4? Is there any error message indicates that they failed to connect to it? 

Try to disable fast roaming and try to forget the network on these devices and reconnect to the Deco host network. 

Any updates, please let us know.

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-26 08:46:46

@Kevin_Z yeah they can see the network and I can go through the connection process but it just fails at the end

ill try the steps you mentioned, I've restarted it a few times but I'll try the fast roaming and forgetting it

thanks

Options
2019-09-26 11:46:31

@MJC_OK 

Okay, definitely sure.

Any updates, please let us know.

Best regards. 

Options