Parental control on device with changing mac address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-26 16:15:50
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, is it a way to manage the parental control on a device with changing mac address? The device connect as a new device (since the mac address is new) and it seems that it is the mac address that is linked to the user? 

The result, after 60min of connexion on his computer, my son's account is still showing 0min!!!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Parental control on device with changing mac address
2019-09-27 01:42:05

@cencormoi 

Generally speaking, the MAC address of a device won't change; 

Below is the instruction to setup parental control: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1598/  

What do you mean by mention that your son's account is still showing 0min after 60mins of connection? Where did you see this message? Please show us a screenshot of it. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-09-02 05:48:05

@Kevin_Z  i have the same problem of my kids devices are connected and shows zero minute even when they are on for hours.

Options
2020-09-02 05:50:54
have the same problems. also they able to by pass by changing mac address and bypass parents control. any updates to resolve this fault?
Options
2021-11-04 08:30:45

@Kevin_Z  with the iOS15.x and its related OS in iPad supports "Private Address" i.e., changing MAC address as a feature. Similar feature or provisions are there to change the MAC address in windows 10 (my Son is able to change it). So, please think about a solution for this problem. In effect, TP Link's Parental Control feature on my Deco X20 is not working!

Kevin_Z wrote

@cencormoi 

Generally speaking, the MAC address of a device won't change; 

Below is the instruction to setup parental control: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1598/  

What do you mean by mention that your son's account is still showing 0min after 60mins of connection? Where did you see this message? Please show us a screenshot of it. 

Good day. 

Options
2021-11-05 06:26:47

@ACN 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

It is truly a potential issue and we have reported to the senior engineers already for further optimization.

If possible, please also send feedback via Deco APP>overview>three lines on the top>help>contact us>suggestions.

Thank you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1822

Replies: 5