Port Forwading with usb modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-09 19:33:05 - last edited 2019-10-10 01:56:45
Model: TL-MR3020  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, Im currently working on an application where I need to accees a devide (a Velocity Drive) remotely, for which I got the Tp Link MR 3020 and a USB 3g modem that provides a public IP. For what I understand, I need to Port Forward my device to the modem. What is not so clear to me is in the Virtual Server configuration which is the "Service Type" I need to put and what ports to use. Also, in the "Internal IP" do I put the public IP that my usb modem provides or do I put my ethernet device IP?

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Port Forwading with usb modem
2019-10-10 09:32:00

@Orli 

The TL-MR3020 supports NAT forwarding, including DMZ, Virtual server and port forwarding, while it applies to the wired devices or wireless devices. 

In other word, if you connect a device to the router by wired cable or wireless, you can open the port for it to access it remotely.

So if you connect a device to the TL-MR3020, you need verify the IP address of this device, and the service type is optional, you can select one of them or enter manually. 

Below is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1889/

Note: The internal IP address is the IP of the device which you want to open the port for. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Port Forwading with3/4G usb modem
2021-08-18 17:40:47

@Kevin_Z  Hi, i also have a MR3020 with an 3/4G USB dongle.

I used it to replace my ISP adsl router.

I disabled the wifi and setted for 3/4G only and no WAN port, so the RJ45 becomes the LAN port.

DHCP, DNS all disabled - DHCP serve and NOIP for DDNS on my internal server.

So, MR3020 is used basically as a gateway from internal to extenal and vice versa.

To this LAN port, i have a switch / AP with DD-WRT. 

Considering the network, all is working perfectly, except PORT FORWARDING.

the USB dongle have intenal IP 192.168.1.1 and extenal IP 192.168.1.100

The MR3020 have the IP 192.168.80.1

The 3/4G external IP is 201.5.350.24 as shown by whatsmyip.org.

But port forwarding is simply not working. No access from the internet to my host.

Any clue?

Thx in advance.

Options
Re:Port Forwading with3/4G usb modem
2021-08-18 19:55:25

@PauloVen 

Hi,

I don't quite understand what you mean by "USB dongle have intenal IP 192.168.1.1 and extenal IP 192.168.1.100", because it should only have one IP address, shouldn't it?

Can you check again what IP address the MR3020 shows for the "Internet" connection?

If everything was right, then somewhere in the MR3020's status page you should see the same IP address displayed as the one shown by whatsmyip.org.

In case the IP address displayed for the 3/4G USB dongle's Internet connection was indeed in the 192.168.x.x range, then it would mean your ISP has put a NAT between you and the Internet and you wouldn't be able to access your network from the outside.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2979

Replies: 3

Related Articles