Unable to manually set a specific 4G band (MR600)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to manually set a specific 4G band (MR600)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
53 Reply
Re:Unable to manually set a specific 4G band (MR600)
2020-01-22 18:52:37

After 3 months from my first post, still no fw update....

Options
2020-01-23 19:45:50

Yeaah this feature should have high prio right now. I have an mr200 and when its randomly uses band 8 i get really good speed like 40mbit down, and then next second it switches to band 20 or something else and boom speed drops to maybe 5mbit if im lucky. 

För me using mr200 and unlimited 4g as my main internet connection in my new living place it would be really good to be able to optimize these settings manually because i know what works best in my location. (Orust, sweden).

Mikael Luxwarp Carlsson IT consult and web developer.
Options
2020-01-28 19:12:57

We need more effort from dev team to this issue.

Bumping up every thread that refers to this problem so new buyers could see this issue.

Options
2020-02-09 17:03:50

I was about to buy this router, but seeing the issue, or rather the lack of manual band. I am now looking into alternatives.

Just thought to chip in that this is an issue that should be at the top of the list for dev team.

Options
2020-02-11 16:25:53

bump!

need this too frown

Options
2020-02-11 22:02:57

Kevin_z, I really think you have to escalate this problem to the right people. You have a good enough product - except for this showstopper.

R&D should of course do their own feasibilty study. Roaming algorithms can be hairy, changes might be subject to type approval or customer acceptance etc. But the change itself, to exclude candidates based on LTE band, can't be that complicated.

As for the end user need, this setting is absolutely necessary in many countries. Hygien feature within telecom market, please benchmark with your competitors...

In my experience, if a feature has high market value and is easy to implement, you should really go for it ASAP and also make sure not to forget it in future products.

Finally there might be that some telecom operators (especially the support organisation) dislike this kind of advanced settings, since they are afraid of massive amount of support calls caused by wrong setup... Even so I belive that the operators market organisations would be happier if their network works. Anyway could be a good idea to "hide" the feature in advanced settings. Maybe even with a disclaimer, saw something like this on a ZTE Mifi: "Dont change this setting unless you know what you are doing" :-)

For me personally it would be fine with a beta release or some other type of config file/cmd, but the important thing is you urgently need to adress this.

The problem wont go away by itself, and as long as you don't fix it you will have this complaints hurting both your brand reputation and limiting sales.

Options
Re:Unable to manually set a specific 4G band (MR600)-Solution
2020-02-20 09:13:36 - last edited 2020-02-20 09:14:44

Hi @StefanM and all

Like I mentioned on this thread, we would push forward them to do something and pay more attention on this feature. 

For more details, you can see my answer there. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/193174 

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-02-22 01:56:06

@Kevin_Z  just bought the modem and was disappointed this feature is not available...

Options
2020-02-22 09:15:17

@Kevin_z thank you for pushing this. Until TP-link has fixed this... you should really consider to update specifications with explicit info regarding lack of band lock?

Probably less bad (long term) to drop some sales rather than having disappointed customers and returns? As far as I understand there is no official info as of today; if so, I belive, consumers in many markets can claim warranty returns...

Options
2020-02-22 15:47:14
is firmware coming soon ?
Options