Deco M9 Plus slow LAN speed - help me please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus slow LAN speed - help me please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus slow LAN speed - help me please
2020-12-05 04:49:29

@Dzal 

Try shutting off The Deco Antivirus. See if that helps.

Options
2020-12-05 06:44:18

@Dzal wired directly from the m9 to the pc or via a switch?

Options
2020-12-05 13:46:28

@DK-Chris 

Directly from the m9 to the pc. 

Options
2020-12-05 13:49:38

@TP-4MyBungHole 

Deco antivirus is off. I also tried messing with qos settings and it did not help 

Options
2020-12-07 11:26:35

@Dzal 

Good day,

Could you please check the following information:

1. Change a different Ethernet cable to have a look;

2. Check the Ethernet link speed on the Deco: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/

3. Was the Deco M9 on AP mode or router mode?

4. Please change another satellite Deco as the main Deco to see if that helped: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2020-12-09 03:34:07

@TP-Link 

1. Tried a different cable as well as a different computer. Same result 

2. Checked the link speed and it's set to 1 gbps.

3. Deco is set in router mode. 

4. Tried different Decos as the main, no change. 

Wired still caps out at 100 mbps while wireless I'm getting close to 350 mbps. 

any other suggestions I'm all ears

Options
2020-12-14 14:04:57

Nothing else? Still haven't been able to get it above 100mbps wired....

Options
2020-12-27 07:37:40 - last edited 2020-12-27 07:59:51

I've been having problems with slow lan-transfer speeds since day one with my 3 M9+ and not expecting this to get fixed anytime soon if ever. When doing a google-search there is plenty of other users having the same problem with other models in the Deco series so it's not problem isolated to the M9+

The product works fine when using WIFI but when connecting devices to the Deco's on ETH the LAN-transfer speed between devices cap out at 100-250Mbit making sending large amounts of data from one device to another taking a long time.

What i would like to know if there are users that get device to device transfer-speeds of close to 1000Mbit. If not then I can atleast give up and focus on other things.

Options
2020-12-27 08:34:28

@Dzal i have the same problem,
(All CAT6 Cables)

hooked up lan from deco directly to pc and got 9+Mbps.
wifi speed @ 100-190Mbp standing very close, next to deco.

Speed is NOT even close to what was ADVERTISED.

currently my bandwidth is 800Mbps. and when speed test using deco app will go to 7++Mbps which is good.

but why is the WIFI and LAN on the DECO so slow....????

Options
2020-12-27 14:57:36 - last edited 2020-12-27 15:33:52

johsam wrote

I've been having problems with slow lan-transfer speeds since day one with my 3 M9+ and not expecting this to get fixed anytime soon if ever. When doing a google-search there is plenty of other users having the same problem with other models in the Deco series so it's not problem isolated to the M9+

The product works fine when using WIFI but when connecting devices to the Deco's on ETH the LAN-transfer speed between devices cap out at 100-250Mbit making sending large amounts of data from one device to another taking a long time.

What i would like to know if there are users that get device to device transfer-speeds of close to 1000Mbit. If not then I can at least give up and focus on other things.

@johsam 

I run my Deco mesh in AP mode. I connected desktop computer to Deco M5, using CAT 5e cable. Desktop has gigabit Ethernet card and no WiFi card.

Deco M5 is wired to ISP gateway through gigabit switch and another CAT 5e.

Desktop PC<---Ethernet--->Deco node<---Ethernet--->Gigabit Switch<---Ethernet--->ISP Gateway

I ran speedtest from fast.com on my ISP Internet connection. I got results way higher than cap of 250Mbit you mention. It maxed my ISP connection. It is possible that in router mode the cap exists, but not in AP mode. It is also possible that cables make the difference - mine are just CAT 5e, but I know they are of very good quality.

Options
Related Articles