Deco P7/M9: Set schedule for Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-17 14:06:21 - last edited 2021-12-27 11:55:57

Hello

I've had three P7 Decos for a few days now and I'm surprised that you can't disable WiFi on a schedule.

Especially useful for an AP near a bedroom.

In this thread I read that this function might be available in the future.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/112213

I would be very happy if you would push the development for this "standard function".

Is there any new information?

I have to say, the Decos convince me very much, but I play with the thought of returning them because of the missing function.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco P7/M9: Set schedule for Wifi
2019-10-18 01:38:57

@3aZy 

Thanks for your requesting. 

For the wireless schedule feature, it is not available yet, it is suggested to wait for the updates. While we have been keeping an eye on it and collecting the similar requests so that we can feed back to our product engineer.

While as you know,  it is not always easy to release a new firmware; first we need get much enough reports so that we can propose an improvement;supported by the known cases; After that, the related engineer will start to evaluate the feasibility to add it and do round and round tests to ensure its performance. Besides, not only to add a single new feature, a new firmware may have multiple things to do to improve the whole system based on the last firmware. Which takes time to do that. 

I believe that you want a new firmware which is more powerful and much more suitable for most requests. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-18 13:31:14

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your feedback

If I understand your answer correctly, has development not yet begun?

I ask again more precisely. Will there definitely be a firmware that will allow setting WiFi schedules? Also for the P7?

The request for this feature is from my point of view very high, no matter if here or at Amazon etc..

Apart from that, it is the only product I've bought in a long time where you can't disable WiFi. No matter if WLAN router (also TP-Link), tablets, smartphones etc. the WiFi can always be switched off.

Especially in combination with the parental control, many parents would be happy about less radiation (especially at night) for their children and themselves.

I certainly understand the deployment cycle of a new firmware. The Deco M7 is already a very smart product, please make it even smarter with this standard feature.

Have a nice day

Options
2019-10-21 01:37:55

@3aZy 

Thanks for your requesting. 

As far as I know, the wireless schedule feature should be a "proposal" yet, we have reminded our product engineer and will keep an eye on the similar feedback to push forward the process to approve and initiate this project. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that this feature will definitely be available on the next firmware.

While what we can tell you is that we do agree that this option is basic and important, and we do value you customers' feedback. We will keep working on it. 

It is very suggested to wait for the updates from official website. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-12-19 17:57:12

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, I really need also this wifi time schedule.

Please make it possible.

Otherways my wife makes me to buy an other wifi- systeme

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1262

Replies: 4

Related Articles