TD-W9970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W9970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TD-W9970
TD-W9970
2019-10-18 12:21:01 - last edited 2019-10-21 01:52:03
Model: AP200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: N/A

Hi all,

(Won't allow me to select correct model upon raising this forum thread)

I work for a VoIP provider, and we dabble in broadband as well.

We have been using the TP-Link TD-W9970 as a basic datalink router, which are great for that purpose. 

However, we also use voicelink circuits, which are on a private network.

Previously, before TP-links we had been using Zyxel VMG1312-B10D to do both data and voice circuits without issue.

The main problem we are coming across, is for the private networks, the WAN would still use PPP to authenticate and we have a set list of subnets, router IPs and the available range for each new install. Now when we are confriguring the LAN to have an IP address in the subnet of the private network, it is dropping the WAN connection. I have tried to set the LAN using the next available address, and static assign the WAN, but I am then getting a message stating these can not be in the same subnet. 

For the purposes that we use the private network, (allows us to browse directly to voip phones and additonal monitoring etc) we would need these to be within the same subnet. 

Has anyone has the same or a similar issue with these? Are the W9970s just not a valid option for what we are trying to achieve? 

For clarification, we had tested with the Zyxels, matched the config as exact as possible onto the TP link but they don't work, whereas the Zyxel was perfectly happy and allowed us to browse remotely to phones and was fine with the WAN and LAN being in the same subnet. 

Kind regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:TD-W9970
2019-10-21 07:50:54

@ItsThatJake 

How do  you connect them together? The TD-W9970 does not support VOIP, if you want  to use the VOIP service, in my opinion, a third party tool should be needed. 

And for the TD-W9970, it just works as an internet provider, to make connected devices access internet; the LAN IP of itself or the devices cannot be on the same subnet of the WAN IP which causes conflict. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-10-23 13:53:41

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Many thanks for your responce, that is pretty much all the information we required for that. 

Just to clairfy however, you stated that those routers do no support VoIP? Is there and particular reason for that? 

I understand the router has the setting to allow for SIP ALG etc, so (wrongly) we may have assumed that they would support it.

Kind regards

Options
2019-10-25 08:43:06

@ItsThatJake 

It seems that we are talking about different things. 

The VoIP feature I mentioned is related to the phone port, the model number like Archer VR900v or TD-VG5612 support this feature, this "v" represents VOIP.  Below is an instruction to set it up. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/466/

While if you refer to IP Phone which connect to the router by ethernet cable, then it will work properly if no specific settings needed. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1169

Replies: 3

Related Articles