Can Archer1600v support downstream gigabit switches?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-20 06:10:55 - last edited 2019-10-21 02:57:09
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 0.000

Hi 

I am tryijng to ask a question about an Archer VR1600v but cant find it in the drop down list anywhere.

https://static.tp-link.com/(SP%C2%A0BU)Archer%C2%A0VR1600v1.0-datasheet.pdf

I am trying to cascade a few gigabit switches off this new router/modem and don't seem to be able to get DHCP off any device that is not directly plugged into the Archer 1600v itself.  I replaced my Draytek Vigor with this when i upgraded from ADSL to NBN (Australia). 

I assume my problem is either DHCP is timing out (unlikely) or this Archer doesnt seem to support cascaded switches.  Ive tried differnt switches and cross over cables and just normal cat 5e cables.

Anyone else doing this?

Is there a setting somewhere to support?

Thanks

Ash

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can Archer1600v support downstream gigabit switches?
2019-10-21 03:10:01

@Ash71 

Theoretically, we can connect switch to the LAN port of the Archer VR1600v to boost internet. 

With one switch connected, please connect your computer to the switch and click here to verify its IP address and gateway. 

Note: Please show us a screenshot of the details-status page. 

Besides, please ensure that there is no IP conflict between the Archer VR1600v and the switch. 

Please tell us the model number of the switches as well.

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 769

Replies: 1

Related Articles