Need an additional Powerline but only comes in pair ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-21 21:05:27
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I currently have a TL-PA9020P KIT. I need another powerline adapter to another floor. May be this if I want to have wifi and also one gigabit port, TL-WPA7510 KIT?

(1) On the PA9020P, I am using one ethernet port to the smart TV. and the other adapter I have it hook up to the router. If I hook up one more device, do I need to hok upp another ethernet to the router?

(2) For the TL-WPA7510, do I have to pair them separately? If yes, then it will be 4 wall units being occupied by the 4 adapters. If no, that means I only need one of the two in the box?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Need an additional Powerline but only comes in pair ?
2019-10-22 02:51:43

@birdieman 

For your information, all the TP-Link powerline adpaters are compatible with each other, while you buy the TL-PA9020PKIT as the start kit, 7/8/9 series products are recommended.

You can refer to the case 2 of the instruction below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/564

Meanwhile, cause the powerline adapters are sold as a kit usually, few of them are available as single one, like the TL-WPA8630P.

If you bought the TL-WPA7510Kit, you only need connect one main unit to the main router by ethernet cable, and then locate others to boost wifi or provide ethernet connection; For the extender unit, you can use it to boost wifi, and for the adapter unit, it is still useful, per I said, you can add it into the network and provide ethernet connection. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Need an additional Powerline but only comes in pair ?
2019-10-22 11:52:36

@Kevin_Z So if I hear you correctly and understand your referred link, I would connect the TL-PA7010 to the router, and then I can use the TL-WPA7510 for Wifi and connect one to any device and pairs the 2 TL-PA9020P to 4 other devices. Will this actually lower the speed ? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2592

Replies: 2

Related Articles