Wifi speed connection on M9 Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-24 08:42:06 - last edited 2019-10-24 16:18:46
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 Build 20190403 Rel. 43515

Hi,

I've just get the Deco M9 Plus Mesh Wi-Fi System. I've applied the latest firmware available.

This unit is configured to run as access point and  is connected to internet  with 1gbps download and 200mb upload link using a fiber gateway router. When I test the speed using the Deco app I get arounf 800mb download 200mb upload (no problem here). When I test the wifi just near the unit with one iphone 7 I get 300mb download and 200mb upload (no problem here I think).

This unit is installed on the living room and when I go to the room no more then 5 meters away with only one wall in the middle I get 30mb download and 12 upload.

What can be causing this? Why is this connection slower then the wifi connection of the fiber gateway? I've just get the M9 to increase the speed and coverage and the connection is worst then before.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi speed connection on M9 Plus
2019-10-25 01:17:49

@Barruncho 

Thanks for your requesting, we will do some troubleshooting to locate the issue.

1. What is the current network diagram? How do you connect them together? 

2. Try to connect your computer to the this specific Deco units by ethernet cable to run a speedtest to test the wired connection. Please click here to get the wired negotiation speed as well. 

Note: The steps are the same, you need right click on local area connection or ethernet connection. 

3. Try to swap the location of each Deco and rule out whether it is the Deco itself or the location/network environment.

4. Besides, if possible, it is recommended to connect the Deco units by wired cable to give it a shot.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 806

Replies: 1

Related Articles