Archer VR500v loses internet and WiFi connections when white list used and Access Control applied.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer VR500v loses internet and WiFi connections when white list used and Access Control applied.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-25 01:22:45 - last edited 2019-10-25 06:46:45
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 0.8.0 v5004.0 Build 180329 Rel.51812n

This is an Archer VR500v in Australia. I have added my devices to connect to this via WiFi in the White List and then turned on Access Control. As soon as this is done the internet is lost and all WiFi connections dropped. Even rebooted router and WiFi devices can not connect even though the SSID is visible. The internet is provided via a USB dongle using 4g wireless internet.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer VR500v loses internet and WiFi connections when white list used and Access Control applied.
2019-10-25 06:46:32 - last edited 2019-10-25 06:46:45

@TheMaster 

What is the led status of the Archer VR500v when it stops working? Please login to the web UI and show us a screenshot of the advanced-status page. 

What is the model number of the USB dongle? Did you add all your wireless devices into the whitelist of access control? 

With access control disabled, do they work properly? 

And any error message pops up when they failed to connect to the TP-link wifi? 

Besides, are you able to get internet from the Archer VR500V by wired cable at that time? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Archer VR500v loses internet and WiFi connections when white list used and Access Control applied.
2019-10-26 05:39:35

@Kevin_Z 

LEDs look normal, used 2 different dongles, one is a ZTE the other a Huawei E3351, both work until access control on and even when access control on, the led on the dongles still show conection to the internet. All WiFi devices in White List. After this problem, removed all from white list so it is empty and so is the black list, still fails when access control on. No error messages, all works fine with access control off, all WiFi devices can reconnect when access control turned off and internet reestablished. Only use wireless internet as I am still waiting for the telco to provide a wired connection to my home.

File:
Screen Shot.docxDownload
Options
2019-11-01 07:15:50

@TheMaster 

With access control on, if they cannot get internet, please click here to verify the IP address and gateway. 

Try to ping the gateway of the VR500v and its internet IP address or ping 8.8.8.8. 

And you can change the DNS server under advanced-network-internet page to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. 

Still the same, you can turn off access control to use internet as a workaround. You can use parental control to block the internet access of clients. 

Options
2019-11-01 07:31:27

@Kevin_Z You are not addressing the issue, I know how to find ip addresses etc, the fact that clients can't even connect via wifi when access control is on, even if the white and black lists are empty.

Options
2019-11-01 07:32:15 - last edited 2019-11-07 01:37:37

@TheMaster Oh, and I don't want to block, I want to allow.

I see TP Link have given up, no solution, access control obviously does not work on this router!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1452

Replies: 5