Can't access router webui while facebook.com is blocked via the parental filter/content restriction.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't access router webui while facebook.com is blocked via the parental filter/content restriction.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-29 07:17:59
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0070.0

As the decription says.

I block 'facebook.com' from the 'Content Restriction' page of my VR400 and i suddenly cannot log in via the blocked device.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Seems bad that you're forced to access this site in order to just use your VR400.

Don't ask why i need to block this website, it is a family concern that is private.

I've been rather unhappy with my TP-Link product, i wanted an OK router and all i got was a headache. :(

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't access router webui while facebook.com is blocked via the parental filter/content restriction.
2019-10-30 09:03:53

@cantping 

Hello, thanks for your requesting. 

The parental control feature makes you to block the internet access or specific website of some devices, especially the kids. 

While for your information, once the device is added into parental control list, this device won't be able to login  to the web UI anymore, therefore, the related parental control settings won't be changed; 

If you want to access the web interface, you can change another device. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 440

Replies: 1