Router freezes everyday and automatic reboot does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-01 12:20:04
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 181214 Rel.49556n

After about 19 hours working, the router hangs and no longer connects until I turn it off and then on again. I have to repeat the process every day, so I set the automatic restart for every day, but the automatic restart does not work when the router is frozen. I can't go every day to restart the router, since it's in a distant location, so I need the automatic restart to work, even if it doesn't respond to anything else.

Thank you.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Router freezes everyday and automatic reboot does not work
2019-11-04 09:41:16

@zatui 

Does the router lose connection periodically? 

What is the led status of the router when it lost connection? 

Any specific symptom about frozen? Like all devices cannot access the web UI of the router and cannot access internet from it? 

How did you setup the auto reboot feature? You can show us a picture of it. 

Besides, with the sim card plugged into the smart phone directly, do you have the same issue? 

Further more, have you ever tried to create the network connection profile manually? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-04 11:59:58 - last edited 2019-11-05 20:02:28

Hi @Kevin_Z,

Thank you for your response. I'll try to answer the questios below.

Does the router lose connection periodically? 

Yes. The router is in a place with very low signal and sometimes there is no 3G/4G signal for a period of time.

What is the led status of the router when it lost connection? 

The led of power, internet and wifi keep turned on and the ones are on or off depending on the signal strength, so by looking to the leds everything seems to work properly. However, the devices can't even connect to the wifi and the router does not have internet access. The way I know that it does not have internet access is because my dynamic dns provider did not receive anything since the last reboot.

Any specific symptom about frozen? Like all devices cannot access the web UI of the router and cannot access internet from it? 

All devices cannot connect to Wifi and the router seems to be offline even if the internet led is on.

How did you setup the auto reboot feature? You can show us a picture of it. 

I did it following these steps https://www.tp-link.com/ae/support/faq/1992/

It's not exactly as the one of the link, but very similar.

Besides, with the sim card plugged into the smart phone directly, do you have the same issue? 

No, the phone loses signal and internet access when there is a weak signal but I don't have to reboot it every day to have internet connection.

Further more, have you ever tried to create the network connection profile manually? 

Yes. I had to create the profile manually, as the automatically created profile is deleted after the first reboot.

Thank you for your help.

File:
tplink_reboot.pngDownload
Options
2021-03-23 07:41:05

@Kevin_Z I have same problem. i want to ask you, when it starts reboot after we set reboot schedule? is it same day after we set schedule? or is it the day after we set? i want to know that

Options
2021-03-23 08:34:22

@slmn 

Hi, it is the same day after you set up the reboot schedule;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-05 07:15:04

@TP-Link but i have problem. i set reboot schedule 5 minutes before 11.00, i set it to 11.00 then i wait till it started to  reboot. when time was 11.00, it was not rebooting.

Options
2021-04-10 19:13:14

If the modem does not restart itself you can install an electronic switch like this in picture that interrupts power at the time you set. I to be sure that it works in the workplace I use this method 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3234

Replies: 6