Deco M4 slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
88 Reply
Re:Deco M4 slow speed
2020-03-04 02:51:09

@fGrisi 

Hello, have you ever tried to change another ethernet cable or swap the location of Decos? 

Or you can switch the slave Deco to Main Deco and then test the speed you can get from Deco directly. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

If it is still the same, please tell me the current network diagram, the bandwidth you paid for your ISP, the speed you can get from the Deco and modem respectively. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-04 14:20:05

@JFil 

Well, under QOS there is a setting for total bandwidth, this was set to default at 100mbps down and 25 up. Changed to 350 down and 45 up (my max bandwidth) and speed test now gives a reading of max bandwidth on a good day, and 200/20 on a not so good day at the M4 connected WIRELESSLY to my main M4. I must have missed the part in the manual which says to change this setting.

thanks!

Options
2020-03-04 22:35:38

@Kevin_Z 

Nothing works! I have a PC plugged with a cable on the main Deco and it shows half of my hired speed. Changing position of Decos (placing them a little closer) doesn't work either.

By the way, my router is a TP Link Archer C7.

Does it help if I set Decos to be access point or router?

Options
2020-03-27 11:48:24
Just for the record, I'm still having the same problem. My internet speed is one third of the hired speed with my provider when I use M4. As soon as I turn it off, speed comes back to normal? Really nothing I can do???
Options
2020-04-02 13:00:28
Options
2020-04-10 13:25:50

@JFil 

I have just upgraded my internet speed with my ISP (from 60mbps to 150mbps) and I can't get more than 20 or 30mbps with the Decos!!!

Can someone please help me with that??

I have reseted them, change position, and nothing works!!!! 

Options
2020-04-10 14:06:57

@fGrisi 

Are you using your M4 as a router or an access point off of your router? How many M4's do you have? And why not use the M4 as your router without the Archer?

fGrisi wrote

@JFil 

I have just upgraded my internet speed with my ISP (from 60mbps to 150mbps) and I can't get more than 20 or 30mbps with the Decos!!!

Can someone please help me with that??

I have reseted them, change position, and nothing works!!!! 

Options
2020-04-10 14:41:18

@nesbocaj 

Are you using your M4 as a router or an access point off of your router?

I am currently using it as a router. I have already tried to change to access point, but everything stays the same (20 to 30mbps when my ISP speed is 150mbps).

How many M4's do you have?

2 Decos. 3 bedrooms apartment. Main deco in the office (one of the rooms). Slave deco in my bedroom, right next to the office. 20 to 30 mbps in the entire apartment.

And why not use the M4 as your router without the Archer?

I just followed the stpes in the app to install them. In one of the steps I was supposed to connect one of the Decos to my router, and that's it. I don't know exactly how to use the Deco without the Archer, but if you have any suggestions, I'll be happy to try it out!

Thanks for the help!

Options
2020-04-10 15:48:14

fGrisi wrote

@nesbocaj 

Are you using your M4 as a router or an access point off of your router?

I am currently using it as a router. I have already tried to change to access point, but everything stays the same (20 to 30mbps when my ISP speed is 150mbps).

How many M4's do you have?

2 Decos. 3 bedrooms apartment. Main deco in the office (one of the rooms). Slave deco in my bedroom, right next to the office. 20 to 30 mbps in the entire apartment.

And why not use the M4 as your router without the Archer?

I just followed the stpes in the app to install them. In one of the steps I was supposed to connect one of the Decos to my router, and that's it. I don't know exactly how to use the Deco without the Archer, but if you have any suggestions, I'll be happy to try it out!

Thanks for the help!

@fGrisi OK, so from your internet provider you have some sort of modem, that modem has an ethrenet port. The M4 (what you set as main) should be connected via ethrenet cable to this modem, remove the archer unit. The M4 is the router. Have the Deco APP on your phone, make sure you have cell service for your phone, and do what the APP has you do, also download and print out the how-to, just to make sure.

When all that is done go into the QOS page on the APP and change the speed settings to what you have, ie 150mbps down and whatever upload you have. Good Luck!

Options
2020-04-10 16:06:08

@nesbocaj 

My modem is the Archer C7, which is actually my modem/router. I didn't quite understand the "The M4 (what you set as main) should be connected via ethrenet cable to this modem, remove the archer unit" part.

Main deco is connected to my Archer C7 (which is my router/modem). How will I remove the Archer unit in this case?

Thanks!

Options
Related Articles