i can't access management over wifi but over wired i can access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-09 11:35:44
Model: TD-W9960  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.8.0 v5007.0 Build 190604 Rel.35171nb

Dear

i have td-w9960a i can't access tplink management or pinging over wifi   but  over wired its work
and my repeaters does not working because no pinging over wifi

Options
7 Reply
Re:i can't access management over wifi but over wired i can access
2019-11-11 08:30:10

@houssam.h 

Can you connect to the TP-Link wifi? With computer or smart phone connected to the wifi, please click here to verify the IP address and gateway obtained. 

And try to ping the gateway of the TD-W9960 which is 192.168.1.1 by default and show us the screenshots. 

If there is no valid IP address, try to forget the profile and reconnect to it. Instruction as below: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/918/ (takes Windows 10 as example)

Besides, you can change the wireless settings to give it a go.

May it help. 

Options
2019-11-11 08:45:00

@Kevin_Z thank you for reply  

i tried all this did not work  

Options
2019-11-12 17:01:52

@houssam.h 

A long shot but "Do you have Parental Controls enabled?" and "Have you added the MAC ID of your PC to the list so you could test the filtering did work?"

I did that on an Archer VR900 and it wouldn't let me log in (Maybe didn't even show the login page) - But maybe it also didn't work over a wired connection, I can't remember.

Only solution was to connect another PC

Paul

Options
2019-11-13 03:49:12

@houssam.h 

Thanks for your reply, like Paul said, have you ever setup the parental control and added your device into it? 

If so, try to change a new wireless device to access the web UI and verify whether it work.

Besides, you can hard reset the router and reconfigure to give it a go. 

May it help. 

Options
2020-05-10 16:56:39

@houssam.h 

Hello, 

I've got a new Modem from OGERO same model TD-W9960A. And I am facing the same problem.

Did you manage to solve this issue?

I tried the following without luck:

- hard reset to default config and was not able to connect via WIFI.

- upgrade of firmware failed: I did not find "td-w9960A". I found td-w9960 v1. but did not work. 

Best regards

Maroun

Options
2020-05-24 14:17:28

Hello, 

I managed to connect to the router TD-W9960A. I wil share my findings hope this will help someone to spare the time I've put on this issue. 

First, the router has a special firmware prepared for Ogero TD-W9960A. It is not possible to upgrade the firmware using TP-Link original firmware. 

In order to be able to connect to the router management, you need to active Multi-SSID. This could be reached from the menu  (Wireless / Advanced Settings/ Multi-SSID).

You need to enable any SSID and connect to the router through it. You may hide the default SSID if you want. 

Regards

Maroun

Options
2020-07-05 16:00:26

@Maroun I can confirm that this method work, thank you man you're a life saver :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1531

Replies: 7