disgusting company and faulty 2.4ghz ac2800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-14 04:54:02 - last edited 2019-11-14 08:28:18
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

this router keeps failing to brodcast the 2.4ghz ssd, 6 devices cant find this router on 2.4 even when less then a meter from router

i called to arrange a replacement, this disgusting company charged me £18 for a phone call, i was never aware there would be a call charge, this comapny even lied in the rma email where they said they informed me of call charges, an outright lie

they then want me to send my device back, before the send a replacement, leaving me without internet for days.

ive nerver dealt with such a disgusting company in my life

luckily in the uk the law states the retailer is responsible for faulty items, so ill be getting a refund for the router, ill also fight tooth and nail with my call provider to get these call charges refunded.

i was not calling tp link for any type of support i called them to get a replacement, illegal under uk law to make any type of charge for a faulty item

Options
4 Reply
Re:disgusting company and faulty 2.4ghz ac2800
2019-11-14 05:09:21 - last edited 2019-11-14 08:28:18
as always amazing amazon, refund arranged ill buy buying a item from another company and will never give tplink a penny of my money again, now its time to fight these phone call charges
Options
2019-11-14 08:27:58 - last edited 2019-11-14 08:28:18

@leeroy 

Hi Lee, regarding to the warranty policy, the defective unit should be sent to the RMA office first, and then they will deliver the replacement. While per you know, Amazon provides 1 year warranty, that is to say, if there is any problem of the router and cannot be fixed, you can give them a call to get a replacement. 

Back to your case, our technical support escalated your case to the local RMA office, that is why you are required to send the defective unit back; We will remind them again and make them provide better customer service later. 

For the phone charge, by checking the phone record, the tech support informed that this call will be charged when you exceed for 10mins. And we will check the recordings again and give you a specific answer.

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-14 08:37:48

as i said, amazon have refunded me.

your companyy thinks its acceptable for a person to have no internet for days while i send you back a faulty device first.

you also think its acceptable to charge for phone calls about a faulty item, i tell you again, in the uk it is unlawful for you to make any kind of charges relating to a faulty item, i did NOT  call you fortechnical support, i called you to arrange a replacment item for a common issue of 2.4ghz not working on some of your routers

i will NEVER buy a tplink item ever again, and ill despute the call charges with my provider

Options
2019-11-19 03:43:36

@leeroy 

We are sorry for the inconveniece caused here, for the warranty policy, we have noted that and will forward to our RMA team and then we can try to improve it. And we have informed our colleagues to be more flexible and offer the available warranty channels for you so that you can get a better and more convenient one.

And the troubleshooting is necessary, otherwise we cannot ensure whether this device is faulty or not; so my colleague tried to do some troubleshooting with you. 

But we do not charge the phone call, the SIM card carrier does; The tech support hotline is not free, that is why we provide call back or email follow up if the issue cannot be fixed within certain time, and we will inform you customers that the phone will be charged.

Back your case, we pulled out the recording and confirmed that our colleague has informed that the call will be charged and offered a call back service in 3 minutes. You may missed that reminder at that time. 

We do understand your feeling and we will keep working to provide better customer services. 

Hope we have the chance to work with you in the future. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 371

Replies: 4