router kick users off wifi randomly! and reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-15 18:41:00
Model: TD-W9960  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, new router/modem kicks users off and automatically reconnect randomly at it can happen 4-5 times within 3-4 minutes!! 

So what basically happens is that router run smoothly for about 2-4 hours and suddenly it start to automatically disconnect (kick users off wifi) and reconnect in a mad way!

I have tried everything possible in the settings but with no avail!

it's been doing this for a whole week now since i bought it! 

eventhough my regualr old ISP router/modem is working 100% good so it's not something in the VDSL line for sure!

i think since it kicks users off network it means it has something to do with the 2.4ghz wifi signal or router hardware are broken??

Please help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:router kick users off wifi randomly! and reconnect
2019-11-19 10:03:50

@serppower 

What is the led status of the TD-W9960 when the wifi disconnects? Can you see the wifi network name at that time and can you reconnect to it? 

Please test whether you can get internet from the TD-W9960 by wired cable at that time. 

And have you ever tried to change some wireless settings, including the wireless channel and channel width? 

Please ensure that the firmware is up to date.

Besides, when and where did you buy this router? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1622

Replies: 1