ARCHER VR300 VDSL STATIC IP can not authenticate with ISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-16 08:33:56
Model: Archer VR300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 181214

Hi all,

I used to use a TD-W9970 modem that worked with my ISP in VDSL with a fixed IP address.

I would now like to operate in the same condition an ARCHER VR300 to enjoy the WiFi 5GHz. BUT, can not connect: VDSL binding is good but authentication fails. However, I put exactly the same connection parameters.

Is there a difference between the W9970 and the ARCHER VR300?

Connection settings:
VDSL2
Annex A
IP VLAN: 836
Static IP ...

MAC: forced to xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx (MAC cloning)

Thank's

PS.: I just returned to TD W9970 and of course it connects perfectly ...

Options
5 Reply
Re:ARCHER VR300 VDSL STATIC IP can not authenticate with ISP
2019-11-18 12:54:34
No one to help me :( ?
Options
2019-11-20 07:15:36

@JeanBonnot 

Hello, have you ever contacted that is there any Mac filtering or Mac binding at their end? 

Please hard reset the Archer VR300 first and then connect the computer to the LAN port. Try to setup the broadband connection on the computer itself with the same username and password to verify whether it works. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/921/

After that, please check whether the computer works well. 

If so, you can clone its MAC address, otherwise, try to reach out to your ISP to get some help. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-11-20 18:42:46

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply,
as you can imagine, the ISP only wants to make support on its Set-top box ... (no log, no help, nothing)

In my case (a fixed ip), the isp does not allow authentication unless it has a defined MAC address (that of the Set-top box), which works perfectly with the TWD9970.

But question remains: why the ARCHER does not work like the TW D 9970? while it has the same parameters ... indecision

I suspect a MAC address problem on the ARCHER
frown

Options
2019-12-06 16:30:29

@JeanBonnot 

No body can help ?

Does anyone use this modem with mac cloning?

Options
2019-12-11 09:00:18

@JeanBonnot 

Try to reset the Archer VR300 and connect the computer to it directly after the DSL synchronization passed. After that, try to setup a static IP for your PC which is given by ISP and verify whether you can get internet. 

If so, you can connect the computer to the VR300 by wired cable to clone the MAC address. 

Or you can verify whether ISP can unbind the MAC address of TD-W9970 and replace it with the Archer VR300. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1002

Replies: 5