Deco P9 compared to powerline adapter?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-17 18:49:45 - last edited 2019-11-17 19:06:13
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I currently use TL-PA4022P AV600 powerline adapter. My NAS and laptop and a couple of other devices connect to those over ethernet. Speeds are not the best but the connection is very reliable.

I am looking to upgrade and torn between another powerline adapter such as the WPA8630P which will additionally give me wi-fi, but separate networks and not mesh.

Now if my devices are connected to a remote Deco P9 unit over wired ethernet, will it actually be using POE or using the mesh wifi to carry the signal?

Also, does the P9 use MIMO like the WPA8630P? I.e. use the ground wire?

I have a lot of electrical interference in the house and don't want to rely on wi-fi for critical devices, hence the question.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco P9 compared to powerline adapter?
2019-11-17 23:05:28

@DSG 

I have 3 of these setup. I believe it picks the best link, whether that is the mesh backhaul or the power line backhaul. However at the moment there is no ability to tell which link it is using...

Options
Re:Deco P9 compared to powerline adapter?
2019-11-19 02:22:24

@DSG 

First you can upgrade the TL-PA4022P to the TL-WPA8630Pkit which is more powerful and supports wifi function. 

For the second point, it depends on how do you locate/connect them. If you use the Deco P9 as the main router and use the powerline adapter to boost the wifi signal, then the Deco P9 will communicate with each other via wifi/powerline or wired/powerline. 

And it relates to the operation mode of the Deco P9, whether it is router mode or access point mode. 

The Deco P9 supports MU-MIMO, and it uses powerline backhaul to strengthen the network connection. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2974

Replies: 2

Related Articles