Slow internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow internet speed
Slow internet speed
2019-11-18 13:17:47
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V2.0.1 build 20171030

Just setup my TL-WPA8630P kit with 2 extenders. Getting strong wifi strength in the required locations, but the internet speed is terrible. Speedtests on my existing 5G wifi network is giving approx. 86Mbps, while I'm getting below 2Mbps through the TP-Link 5G network. Any clues on how to fix it? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow internet speed
2019-11-19 03:23:19

@Russell67 

What about the 2.4GHz wireless speed and the wired speed from the TP-Link powerline adapter? Are they normal? 

What is the light status of the TL-WPA8630P kit?

Try to change another wall socket to plug it and ensure that the powerline light is yellor or green; then please test the speed. In the meantime, please click here to check the wireless link speed of the 5GHz connection. And please verify the powerline link rate on the tpPLC utility. 

And you can try to plug the adapters into the same room to avoid the powerline noise and test the actual speed you can get.

You can follow the below instruction to narrow down the issue also.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2231/

Any updates, just let us know.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 1

Related Articles