TL-WPA8630P slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA8630P slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WPA8630P slow speed
TL-WPA8630P slow speed
2022-02-21 14:57:06
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi

Just upgraded my ISP to 1000 mbit. And due to crazy floor layout my router is located in a room in the back of the house. So bought a TL-WPA8630P kit and installed one next to the router plugged in the cable got it running. Installed the next in the livingroom next to the TV. Plugged it in got it running with signal through the power outlet. But speed is 60 Mbps?? If I use my WiFi extended with 605X 5GHz I get a speed around 415 Mbps. All in all I would think running through outlet and plugged in with cable would be faster?? But guess it was a waste og money....

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630P slow speed
2022-02-22 02:49:43

Hello @MrHager 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

As  the speed will get reduced while signal being transmitted through house powerline  and the real wired/ Wi-Fi speed is closely related to the powerline rate and also received speed coming from the router. Here are some suggestions you could try : 

- confirm the Ethernet cables support 1000Mbps (Cat5e and above Ethernet cables)

Router < Ethernet 1>- main powerline adapter ___ satellite powerline adapter <Ethernet 2> PC 

- download tpPLC Utility check the powerline rate beween powerline units on tpPLC Utlity, we have an instruction explaining the powerline rate ( speed on tpPLC Utility/ app) and the actual speed test result:  

How to prepare for using the tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

Explanation about the Powerline Rate and Actual speed of the Powerline Adapters

May I know did you test the WiFi or wired speed of powerline unit, please share a photo of the speedtest result & a speed of wifi or wired link speed ( link speed between power line unit the clien device)

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 1

Related Articles