Plugs don't work and then do and then don't etc.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-18 20:29:31
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Ok. Bought a three pack of plugs last year. Work so well my daughter buys another one for her room. All good. She then buys another 3 pack a few months ago all working well. But a couple of weeks ago they all stop working, and then work and then don't ad nauseum. The green wifi symbol is flashing. I don't know what firmware they are using as I can't connect to them when I look. We have reset and tried to set up again but as we use a Linksys Velop mesh system I don't know what band we are always using. This is becoming very annoying as at the moment all the plugs are heading for the back of a drawer.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Plugs don't work and then do and then don't etc.
2019-11-19 08:10:08

@Foxie 

Do the 7 smart plugs disconnect from the main router at the same time? 

Is there any error message on the kasa app when they stops working? And do they work again automatically?

Please show us the screenshots of the device settings page where you can get the model number and signal strength. And please tell us the hardware and firmware version when you are available to access them via the kasa app. 

How often does the connection drop? Have you ever tried  to change some wireless settings of the mesh network? 

Besides, what about your other wireless devices? Do they have the same problem? Below is an instruction you can follow to do some troubleshooting also.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2227/

Looking forward to your reply. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 262

Replies: 1