KC110 not giving notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-19 20:07:01
Model: KC110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I don't get notifications dispite the unit picking up movement and recording. The notifications are on and set to always notify me. If I make any changes in the notification settings it crashes the app with a "operation failed, try later" message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and powered the unit off and reset / reconnected it but still have this problem. Is there any way to resolve it as this function was it's biggest selling point to me, so really want it to work.

Options
9 Reply
Re:KC110 not giving notifications
2019-11-20 08:24:21

@KateA 

What is the hardware and firmware version of the KC110? 

Except the notification feature on the device settings page of the camera, you need enable notification for the kasa app on the settings page on your smart phone. 

What is the current KASA APP version.

If possible, try to change another smart phone to login to the kasa app and verify whether it works properly.

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-20 09:11:01

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

On the box it says ver 1.0.

The app says v 2.17.0

Not sure if these are hardware and software versions, if not where do I find them?

Notifications are on for the app on my phone.

At the moment I don't have access to another phone. When I do manage to access another phone I will try it.

Kind regards

Options
2019-11-21 01:02:56

@KateA 

Thanks for your reply. 

The current Kasa app is the latest one, for the firmware of the KC110, you can open kasa app, click KC110 and go to device settings page (where you can see notification option), on the bottom, you can see device info, and you will see the firmware.

Take your time to grab another phone to do a comparison analysis.

Still the same, please tell us the model number of smart phone and its OS version. 

And the Mac address of the KC110 and your cloud account. 

Note: You can send them to me via direct message privately. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-28 11:02:06

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I sent you a private message with all the information you requested.  I have set it up on another phone and still I do not receive email notification when the decive detects activity.  T

Hopefully you have a solution, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Kate A

Options
2019-12-04 08:32:48

@KateA 

Hi Kate, thanks for your reply, sorry to respond late. 

I checked my message box, but there is no one came from you, could you please send me those information again? 

Besides, you mentioned email notification, the KC110 won't send email, instead, you need enable notification for the KASA APP on the settings page of your smart phone. Take iPhone as example, you need go to settings page and scroll it down to find the kasa app, click it then enable notification.

Best regards. 

Options
2019-12-04 09:01:39

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I have sent you a private message again, hopefully you receive it this time!

Kind Regards

KateA

Options
2019-12-06 12:06:30

@KateA 

Hi Kate, there is still nothing; We will email you to get these information and follow up your case.

Please check your inbox later. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-06 17:35:20

@Kevin_Z

Hi, thanks for your notification. I have received an email from support and have now replied. I hope it is successful!

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards

Options
2019-12-09 11:38:56

@KateA 

Thanks for your reply. 

My colleague will follow up and help you to fix this issue. Please keep in touch with them. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1397

Replies: 9

Related Articles