Deco M9 plus switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 plus switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 plus switch
Deco M9 plus switch
2019-12-06 18:38:35 - last edited 2019-12-09 02:55:00

hi at the moment i have a cable modem/router and planning to get a m9 to increase wifi coverage over my 2 floors. The m9 could be used as AP (as i need to connect sonos, tv box and console via LAN) and the Deco only got one port left after hooking to router. If i set routher to bridge and use the Deco as router (eg mesh) is there a way to add a switch so i can plug in more than 1 extra RJ45 since the lan ports on my cable modem/router will be rendered useless after setting in bridge mode?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M9 plus switch-Solution
2019-12-09 02:54:54 - last edited 2019-12-09 02:55:00

@FelixBeijing 

You can add a switch to the Deco M9 plus to provide more ethernet connection. And the operation modes of the Deco M9 plus won't affect; you can connect a switch to it when it works in router and AP mode both. 

cable modem router --Deco (AP) -- switch or cable modem router (bridge mode) --- Deco (router) ---switch. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus switch-Solution
2019-12-09 02:54:54 - last edited 2019-12-09 02:55:00

@FelixBeijing 

You can add a switch to the Deco M9 plus to provide more ethernet connection. And the operation modes of the Deco M9 plus won't affect; you can connect a switch to it when it works in router and AP mode both. 

cable modem router --Deco (AP) -- switch or cable modem router (bridge mode) --- Deco (router) ---switch. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M9 plus switch
2021-03-07 13:00:44

@Kevin_ZI are you able to help me? Or anyone else

I have three Deco S4s which I have only just bought

I want to add an ethernet switch to the Main Deco S4 but it crashes the set up every time I try

I have tried Modem > Main S4 > Other S4s, and then added teh switch to the available port on the Main Deco S4 which just causes the system to crash

I have also tried...Modem > Ethernet switch > Main S4 > Other S4s which doesn't work at all

I'm really keen to get a printer and some other stuff connected via ethernet so any help or suggestions would be gratefully received

Options
2021-03-08 03:30:59

@Lord_Emsworth 

Hi, please see the reply on another thread.

Thanks!

Options
2021-03-08 11:35:14

@FelixBeijing 

When I first tried to add an ethernet switch to my Deco S4s it crashed the system by which I mean all three Decos had a continuous red light and I had to reset them however....

This solution worked for me:

1. Set up Deco S4 + add other S4s to create network

2. Disconnect all Decos except main one by removing power cable

3. Add Ethernet Switch

4. Add each Ethernet cable to switch checking each one works before adding next one

5. Turn other Deco S4s back on (lights go from yellow, to flashing red and back to white when they show up on the app as being reconnected)

I hope that helps others

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6841

Replies: 4

Related Articles